Latest Posts

Topic: Atlantean corn farms unproductive

Tmk
Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2015-11-16, 20:15

Hello. I noticed a drop in corn related economics with the atlanteans in recent revisions of the development version, I can't seem to build enough farms to keep all the corn consuming buildings running efficiently. Building more farms does not produce more corn, somehow all corn farms are low on productivity in recent versions.

In my expierience, one first farm should be sufficient for the needed spiderfarm and even an early horse breeder. A second and third corn farm should be enough to feed an additional mill. Do you agree so far? Now, while observing why corn is missing so much in my recent games I found that quite often the farm tile vanishes while the farmer reaps this tile at the moment, you can se an example here. Maybe it is a bug where the corn field tiles vanish too fast from the map?

Watching a farm for some time, I think the farmer manages the new and grown fields randomly, too. Sometimes he produces, say, three corn in a row and sometimes he fails several times. I remember his productivity more even.

Is this just me or can someone confirm?

Top Quote
wl-zocker

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2015-11-16, 20:26

I have never seen that (and not played much in recent revisions), but what your mp4 shows is definitely a bug. The field should become harvested (like the one above the farm) and the farmer should produce one corn cob.

Could you please open a bug report at the Launchpad bug tracker (https://launchpad.net/widelands) and include the revision number you saw this first. A replay where this happens might be helpful. Have you also observed this for other fields (including vine from the Empire)?

"Only few people know how much one has to know in order to know how little one knows." - Werner Heisenberg

Top Quote
Tmk
Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2015-11-16, 21:02

Alright I'll create that Ubuntu Cloud Login, man I thought I could get away without registering it... https://bugs.launchpad.net/widelands/+bug/1516777

I unfortunately do not know at which revision it began exactly, but it cannot be long before r7618. The atlantean root farmer does work properly, imho. I have not tested the farms of the other tribes.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-11-17, 15:04

Thanks for reporting face-smile.png

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote