Play Tutorials or Campaigns
The Tutorials are the best way to learn how to play Widelands. You'll find them in the main menu of Widelands. See also: Play Tutorial
The Campaigns could be found in main "menu --> single player". There are tutorial Campaigns for each of the tribes so you can learn the differences between them. See also: Campaigns
- Basic Interface - Explains the main screens. What do the different game options mean?
- Playing interface - What does every button in the game do?
- Quickstart - Introducing the first steps
- Using the Map Editor
- Building a New Economy - Some strategies for building houses and producing wares.
- Military and Warfare - Explains the specifics of warfare.
Information about the playable tribes in Widelands
- The Tribes
Even if you aren't able to contribute directly to gamecontent, you could allways make a donation. This will help to pay the server (e.g. for multiplayer) or gives a coffee to the developers The link above on the right will bring you to the Paypalsite.
- Contribute - There are many ways to contribute to the widelands project
Proposition of changes:
This is full manual of Widelands. Follow any link to find out more about it.
- description, where you can read what is Widelands
- download page, where you can find possibilties for downloading and installation of the game
- building Widelands for advanced users, where you can find help for compiling all the program
- quick start, which describes how to play Widelands in a really short way
Interface & Options
- Intro - first splash-screen of the game
- Main menu, where you can find help about possible main menu interface
- Single player (under construction), where you can help about setting up single player games
- Multiplayer (need to complete), where you can find useful information how to use mutiplayer lobby
- Internet gaming, where are general rules for hosting a game explained
- Options (basic ingame + text file, manual changes)
- Campaigns & stories
- Transportation system
- Ships attack?
- Basic tips for playing
- Starting the game
- Early / late game economy
- Different win condition
- Basic interface
- Creating the maps
- Map file description
- Creating scenarios
- Map uploading?
- old FAQs
Contribution to Widelands project
- Graphics, music, whatever
- C++ coding, Web designing
- Contributors list
- Report a bug
- Useful links