Welcome to Widelands.org
Widelands is a free, open source real-time strategy game with singleplayer campaigns and a multiplayer mode. The game was inspired by Settlers II™ (© Bluebyte) but has significantly more variety and depth to it. Still, it is easy to get started through playable tutorials.
This website is the home of the Widelands community. You are invited to visit the forums: discuss strategies, find partners for multiplayer games, help with translations, voice your opinion on graphics, music and much more.
Widelands is currently (and will always be) under development - you can get a feel for what is worked on by looking at the changelog. Everybody is invited to help out too - we need 2D and 3D artists, sound effect creators, composers, map makers, translators, test players, web programmers and C++ coders. All skill levels are welcome - just start working on something or ask in the forums for pointers.
The online Encyclopedia got some enhancements:
- For a worker the building where he works at is shown and linked
- For a ware the building where it is produced is shown and linked plus the worker which produces this ware is shown and linked.
- Additionally a new Checkbox was added, which, once checked, shows the "internal name" for the item (Ware, Worker and Building). The internal name is relevant for scripting scenarios and having it here in the encyclopedia is much better then digging for it in the files init.lua which are spread in the data directory.
Hopefully you like it
0 comments Posted by kaputtnik on Yesterday 15:34
The website has new module
trimard has written a new module for the website: Scheduling. There you can find easily other players for playing widelands online. How does it work:
After login you can find a new entry called 'Playtime Scheduler' in the login box which links to the new module. The module has two parts:
- Define your playtime and find a game: Here you can submit your preferred dates and times for playing. Doing so other users can find you and can write you a private message.
- Show other users playtime: Just see at wich date and times other users are available.
In case you have any questions or suggestions about this module, please write it in the forum thread: game scheduling module.
Many thanks to trimard for this cool feature
1 comment Posted by kaputtnik on 2018-02-19, 15:33
to the surprise of pretty much nobody. He was never significantly challenged through all the tournament.
See you, hopefully, next year, for a new tournament
EDIT: there is a correction, I accidentally inverted kaputtnik and trimard
----------RANKING AFTER ROUND 6-----------
|2||king of nowhere||4||20||1|
9 comments Posted by king_of_nowhere on 2017-12-09, 11:41