Latest Posts

Topic: The tribe atlanteans : is this tribe good equilibrated?

whytrytofly

Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2013-01-16, 08:14

the big advantage is, that you dont need deep mines, so you only need one sort of food engine! and your soldiers are the only that can train defense...

Top Quote
Felix_Atagong
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2013-01-20, 11:33

I quite like the Atlanteans and play them a lot. I just make several wood industry areas in far corners of the map with a ratio of 2 keepers for 4 to 5 choppers and a sawmill nearby. And an express way to the nearest warehouse if you don't have next to the forest.

Top Quote
whytrytofly

Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2013-01-21, 00:09

you are right, actually i think atlantians are the strongest. knowing the need of a big wood industry makes it quite comfortable and besides that, there are many advantages, especially on smaller maps they own the other tribes, as early military production is easy, while barbarians need to much economy before.

Top Quote
SirVer

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2013-01-21, 07:31

well, actually I do not think this is acurate - to produce level zero soldiers, barbarians only need an axefactory, a smelting works, a tavern, a hunter and iron and coal mine. As you start out with some raw materials you can prioritize your build order differently to get new soldiers very quickly - have a look at the replays from the last tournament to see barbarian power.

The Atlanteans need longer to get started - as mines and buildings are pretty expensive - , but it is quite easy to keep them going them. The barbarians are easy to get going, but you keep to constantly juggle them to stay productive - enhancing buildings and grow your economy with the need for more stuff. I think they are a lot of fun because of this and they have a lot of potential for good players.

Top Quote
teppo

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2013-02-02, 14:10

The atlantean mines also bring a bonus not mentioned here -- Since their mines cover a wide area, the atlanteans can mine mountain regions that are not available to other tribes if there are no military building sites nearby.

Top Quote