Latest Posts

Topic: Complexity vs. ??? - Is Widelands "complex enough"?

Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2012-12-23, 16:14

Hi Adamant,

I am sorry to write this and please understand, that I don't want to offend you. But I simply got the feeling, that we misunderstand all the time - and to be honest, it is not easy to read and understand what you write.

Again, there is nothing wrong with new features, and further there is nothing wrong with the fact, that Widelands is a complex game.

It is not up to discussion whether Widelands is or is not already too complex - a debate on principles like that would end up without result.

So if you have got an idea for a cool new feature, bring it up! Just keep in mind, to:

• Discuss one feature per forum thread and/or per bug tracker item
  • Provide additional information and the like, to show other people, why that feature would be great and how it would look like.

And last but not least

• Please check, if there isn't (or wasn't) already a discussion on that feature - I have to admit, that can be quite hard, anyways take a look in our bug tracker. E.g. there are 169 open "wishlist items" at the moment. Further the forum search and the blueprints on launchpad provide some more information about bigger features, like seafaring or lua scripting.
  • Keep in mind our team is (unfortunally) quite small and our time is rare, so answers in the forums or the bug tracker can take some time.

By the way: there is a discussion about the evict worker button and more than one bug report for it, same for the soldier issue (how to manage the distribution of good soldiers?)

Edited: 2012-12-23, 16:16

Top Quote