Latest Posts

Topic: kills and casualties in resources

king_of_nowhere
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-09-23, 06:27

this is something I've been wishing for a long time.

In the general statistics there are the killed and lost soldiers. however, soldier numbers tell relatively little, since both a level 0 or a level 10 soldier is still worth 1 in that count. I'd like to have a statistic of killed and lost soldiers telling the amount of resources (metals and coal) spent on them, if it's not too complex to program

Top Quote
QCS

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2015-09-23, 07:13

Would be an interesting statistic, but wouldn't this enhance "warfare economy thinking" a bit too much? Thinking about "expendables", something not so family friendly... on the other hand, it is the ultimate economizing of warfare. Settlers breed themselves, no need to think about them, coal and metals are important.

I would feel a bit sad about this. Don't know exactly why.

I guess such things could be done "better" when each and every settler has a basic production cost. Since I would not want to have settlers cost corn and water or even ratios to create, I "invented" a virtual good called "community", each working settler (be it carrier or master smith) creates the same amount of this good, each idle worker (not basic settler) in the storage houses cost the same amount of this good in a periodic fashion, and soldiers "in work" cost a larger amount of this good in the same period, while basic settlers can only be created with this good, maybe even in a new building (community center). Well, this would be a high-effort implementation, though...

CMake is evil.

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-09-23, 08:14

QCS wrote:

Would be an interesting statistic, but wouldn't this enhance "warfare economy thinking" a bit too much? Thinking about "expendables", something not so family friendly... on the other hand, it is the ultimate economizing of warfare. Settlers breed themselves, no need to think about them, coal and metals are important.

I would feel a bit sad about this. Don't know exactly why.

Yes, I really am a despicable person, am I? On second thought, can I have a statistic of children I made to cry? face-smile.png

Top Quote
wl-zocker

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2015-09-23, 08:58

I think the "military" statistics (the last button in the general statistics) already uses something based on levels of the soldiers. Would it be ok to re-use these numbers?

"Only few people know how much one has to know in order to know how little one knows." - Werner Heisenberg

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-09-23, 10:40

The result screen could generally do with some love. We could have more statistics like resources gathered and produced.

And for the Wood Gnome win condition, it would be nice to have the number of trees as well.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
einstein13
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-09-23, 11:34

I think that the idea is very good, but only for last window (You Win/Lose). Before that it can be unfair for other players that you know everything about them (I mean: other = not advanced and experienced players). But the last screen can hold lots of statistics. And it will be great to know more about opponents. face-smile.png

einstein13
calculations & maps packages: http://wuatek.no-ip.org/~rak/widelands/
backup website files: http://kartezjusz.ddns.net/upload/widelands/

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-09-23, 15:12

We agree then - I was thinking last window only.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-09-23, 16:27

wl-zocker wrote:

I think the "military" statistics (the last button in the general statistics) already uses something based on levels of the soldiers. Would it be ok to re-use these numbers?

yes, a statistiics of killed enemies based on the level of the killed soldiers would be perfectly fine.

Top Quote