Latest Posts

Topic: In Game Menu:

staustelladam

Topic Opener
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2015-05-24, 08:07

I use XP for many things, and amreally reluctant to "upgrade" to 7 or 8 as I am old school "menu" operating rather than all the fancy buttons and pictures ... I just can't get my head around the layout of new Windows. My XP system runs absolutely fine, with no problems at all ... I keep my AV and firewall up to date, browse only with Firefox and I have not had a problem with anything in ten years (other than system bloat or slowdown)

For the same reason I would be reluctant toupgrade the machine to a 64 bit machine, not because 64 bit would be hard to use, I'm sure it would be fantastic, but because I'm unlikely to get one with XP installed. Like kaputtnikI use a dual boot Mint/XP machine, where I use Mint when I am at work, doing lots of stuff online,and then XP at home where online isn't so important.

Going back to my original query, the in-game menu only works when the resolution is set to 800x600, and will not work on resolutions 1024x768, 1280x720, 1280x768 or 1280x800. This is the same in both full screen or windowed mode (I have just tested all permutations)

Is there a simple config hack I can do to change a setting so that the in-game menu is recognised whatever the resolution?

Thanks, Adam.

Top Quote