Latest Posts

Topic: Change amount resourses

Ntek

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2012-03-25, 10:22

Hi! Exelent game!

But i search for a way to change the total amount of resourses. Not infinite but more. Is there a way?

Top Quote
Astuur
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2012-03-25, 10:29

Click on any flag.
click on the "configure economy" button.
In the upcoming window set your storage values.
Close the window.
Done face-smile.png

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
Astuur
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2012-03-25, 10:30

Or did I misinterpret waht you wanted?
Not sure

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
Ntek

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2012-03-25, 10:39

Thank you! Didn't know that! face-grin.png

But that was not what i was searshed for.

I want to change the amount of resourses that are possible to mine in a given spot. For example, i guess that every sign that sas that there are coal mean that there are 'x' amount of coal there? I want to change that, but not infinite. Fish, coal, ironore, goldore and so on.

Top Quote
Astuur
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2012-03-25, 10:56

Nah, it doesn't work that way...
Much more complicated, and a bit above my head.
Look here.

The mining resources have been place by the mapmaker.
He can place any amount of any resource on every spot from 0 to somewhere in the 60ies, if I remember right.
There are 2 things you could do:
Open the map that you want to play with the editor
and check whether the your resources in the area are set to the maximum.
Of course you have then changed the map and you cannot "apply" the changes to a running game.

You can save and quite the game,
Edit the third parameter of the "mine" statement.
of widelands/tribe/[sometribe]/[some_mine_type]]/conf
What you do with this is is not really what you wanted.
You can simply increase the chance to find some more resources, even though the mine is "empty".
a 10 means a ten percent chance, a 50 would mean a 50% chance of finding some more.

Apart from those two, I don't know of any other way.

Top Quote
Ntek

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2012-03-25, 11:35

If I change the conf to this value, only one will be removed even if the mine will produce 2-3 peaces of coal?

mine=coal 1 100 5

Or i will try to change as fast as i solve some security issues... i have ownership of the files and folders, but can´t remove the writeprotection...

Top Quote
alocritani

Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2012-03-28, 12:57

Ntek wrote: If I change the conf to this value, only one will be removed even if the mine will produce 2-3 peaces of coal? mine=coal 1 100 5

I was thinking like you, because of this post, but reading code, if I'm not wrong, seems to point that the 1st value after the resource is the range the mine will look for resource.

I hope someone can confirm or dismiss my interpretation.

Top Quote