Latest Posts

Topic: TIMBAA

baloo
Avatar
Joined: 2018-09-12, 17:03
Posts: 2
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2018-09-12, 17:16

Hi!

Why I never hear "TIMBAA" in build 19 (compiled by me with bzr on Debian Jessie AMD64)? I often hear "TIMBAA" in Debian Jessie version (1:18-3), but never in b19 face-sad.png My son's laptop (Windows 7) has build 19 x64 (installed from widelands-build19-repack-win64.exe), and this versio has "TIMBAA" too. Other sounds and background music seems to be ok.


Top Quote
WorldSavior
Avatar
Joined: 2016-10-15, 04:10
Posts: 795
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: GER
Posted at: 2018-09-12, 20:21

baloo wrote:

Hi!

Why I never hear "TIMBAA" in build 19 (compiled by me with bzr on Debian Jessie AMD64)? I often hear "TIMBAA" in Debian Jessie version (1:18-3), but never in b19 face-sad.png

Are you sure that it's really b19 and not a newer development version?

And why don't you think that the "TIMBA" sound effect is super annoying? face-wink.png


“It's a threat to our planet to believe that someone else will save it.” - Robert Swan

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Avatar
Joined: 2013-02-18, 20:48
Posts: 1523
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: Germany
Posted at: 2018-09-12, 21:13

Hi baloo and welcome to our forums face-smile.png

AFAIK the timber sound is disabled since build 19, but i am not sure. It was disabled because some people ( face-wink.png ) found it very annoying...


Top Quote
WorldSavior
Avatar
Joined: 2016-10-15, 04:10
Posts: 795
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: GER
Posted at: 2018-09-12, 23:58

kaputtnik wrote:

AFAIK the timber sound is disabled since build 19, but i am not sure.

Build 19 still has this sound


“It's a threat to our planet to believe that someone else will save it.” - Robert Swan

Top Quote
baloo
Avatar
Joined: 2018-09-12, 17:03
Posts: 2
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2018-09-13, 10:59

WorldSavior wrote:

baloo wrote:

Hi!

Why I never hear "TIMBAA" in build 19 (compiled by me with bzr on Debian Jessie AMD64)? I often hear "TIMBAA" in Debian Jessie version (1:18-3), but never in b19 face-sad.png

Are you sure that it's really b19 and not a newer development version?

Hmm... I installed dependencies for build 19: sudo apt install bzr cmake g++ gcc gettext libboost-dev libboost-regex-dev libboost-test-dev libglew-dev libpng-dev libsdl2-dev libsdl2-image-dev libsdl2-mixer-dev libsdl2-net-dev libsdl2-ttf-dev python zlib1g-dev

And I compiled with this method (bzr): Building Widelands with compile script (fastest way)

I think this compiled the latest stable build (19), or no?

Might I need to refresh my Debian to Strech?

And why don't you think that the "TIMBA" sound effect is super annoying? face-wink.png

No, I don't. I like TIMBAA face-grin.png

I think it would be nice to add some similar sounds to the game (but not too much!), for example this "market noise" face-smile.png


Top Quote
WorldSavior
Avatar
Joined: 2016-10-15, 04:10
Posts: 795
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: GER
Posted at: 2018-09-13, 16:46

baloo wrote:

I think this compiled the latest stable build (19), or no?

I don't know

And why don't you think that the "TIMBA" sound effect is super annoying? face-wink.png

No, I don't. I like TIMBAA :D

Okay...

I think it would be nice to add some similar sounds to the game (but not too much!), for example this "market noise" face-smile.png

I think that these noises are annoying. Maybe they could be optional...


“It's a threat to our planet to believe that someone else will save it.” - Robert Swan

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Avatar
Joined: 2013-02-18, 20:48
Posts: 1523
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: Germany
Posted at: 2018-09-13, 18:45

baloo wrote:

Hmm... I installed dependencies for build 19: sudo apt install bzr cmake g++ gcc gettext libboost-dev libboost-regex-dev libboost-test-dev libglew-dev libpng-dev libsdl2-dev libsdl2-image-dev libsdl2-mixer-dev libsdl2-net-dev libsdl2-ttf-dev python zlib1g-dev

And I compiled with this method (bzr): Building Widelands with compile script (fastest way)

I think this compiled the latest stable build (19), or no?

If you use the compile script, then likely you download the code with bazaar like so:

bzr branch lp:widelands

This will downlod the latest development source code.


Top Quote
Nordfriese
Avatar
Joined: 2017-01-17, 18:07
Posts: 297
Ranking
Tribe Member
Location: 0x55555d3a34c0
Posted at: 2018-09-14, 11:50

WorldSavior wrote:

I think that these noises are annoying. Maybe they could be optional...

They already are. Just disable sound effects, like I have face-wink.png


Top Quote
WorldSavior
Avatar
Joined: 2016-10-15, 04:10
Posts: 795
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: GER
Posted at: 2018-09-14, 15:54

Nordfriese wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

I think that these noises are annoying. Maybe they could be optional...

They already are. Just disable sound effects, like I have face-wink.png

But then I will hear no more messages (if that bug hasn't been fixed already) and no other useful sound effects which tell me what is going on on the screen.


“It's a threat to our planet to believe that someone else will save it.” - Robert Swan

Top Quote
dreieck
Avatar
Joined: 2018-08-25, 11:48
Posts: 48
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2018-09-14, 16:06

I liked the "TIMBAA". Did remind a bit to Age of Empires, where, when you click a person/ action, it sometimes says something which has association to it's task in some language :).

But yes, can be annoying for a long run. Would like to specifically enable only message sounds; and would also like to be able to disable some messages for some buildings completely (like "no trees" -- in case you have a difficult situation with very rarely having a mature tree but still need that woodcutter)

Edited: 2018-09-14, 16:10
Top Quote