Currently Online

Latest Posts

Topic: How to watch replays from the Tournament

kaparzo
Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2015-10-26, 00:47

Hello guys, i was trying to watch some replays from the Tournament but it seems to happen an error as the window always closes. Any hint?

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-10-26, 05:14

what version of the game are you using?

Seeing as this is your first post here, I suppose you have the basic version 18. Most tournament games were played with newer (unofficial, potentially unstable) builds, and cannot be opened with version 18 for compatibility reasons.

You can find more updated versions of the game under "the game - download"; by the way, release of the new official build 19 is scheduled in a few months.

If the replays don't work with an updated build, then I have no idea what to do. Most things in widelands are retrocompatible, but I cannot guarantee replays are one of those.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-10-26, 08:02

You can download ready-made development builds here:

https://wl.widelands.org/wiki/Download/#unofficial-development-builds

If Widelands gives you an error message about a wrong packet number, we have changed how games and replays are saved - we keep breaking this during this release cycle. If that happens, the only thing you can do is compile the needed version yourself. The "Watch Replay" window will tell you which revision you need for a particular replay. Compiling is pretty easy on Linux and we'll be happy to walk you through it. On Windows, it is more complicated.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
einstein13
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-10-26, 09:48

Tino provides some windows builds. He don't save them permamently. But if you want to restore any of it, you can try to contact him. I also have some builds on my disk (downloaded from Tino's site and archived). So if you contact me with exact number of build, I will share it with you somehow face-smile.png

einstein13
calculations & maps packages: http://wuatek.no-ip.org/~rak/widelands/
backup website files: http://kartezjusz.ddns.net/upload/widelands/

Top Quote
Tino

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2015-10-26, 19:13

I don't archive anything because switching to a specific revision and rebuilding is faster. I could build a specific revision for you to download, but a quick look at the replays of the tournament shows several revisions were used.

I would advise to set up your own build environment on Linux (much easier than windows), or using VirtualBox on Windows for a Linux environment. Then you can switch between different versions quite easy (only some compile time). Problem is only to set up the build environment in the first place.

Top Quote