Any other ideas?

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
einstein13
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-09-24, 07:35

But those ideas are connected with scenario mode? How you want to implement this? That would modify the editor layout a bit? (New tools/ windows)

Another question: second point should be connected with time-specific thing. "Reach point and stay there for some time" should be better (some = 30-120 minutes)

einstein13
calculations & maps packages: http://wuatek.no-ip.org/~rak/widelands/
backup website files: http://kartezjusz.ddns.net/upload/widelands/

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-09-24, 07:51

Yes, they would be connected with a scenario mode and some scripting in the maps. So, it would be best if the editor supported them.

It is a good idea though, because it would make it easier for people to create scenarios. A lot of work to implement as well.

Another win condition I can think of that wouldn't involve map scripting is building a certain amount of buildings or ships.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
wl-zocker

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2015-09-24, 09:09

Find all artifacts... the player who found the most artifacts wins the game

I like the idea. If artifact is a special kind of immovable and finding is defined as owning the field, is should be possible to turn this into a regular win condition.

"Reach point and stay there for some time"

This would then be some kind of "King of the Hill". This would need map scripting to specify the point.

Another win condition I can think of that wouldn't involve map scripting is building a certain amount of buildings or ships.

I do not know if I would play this. With too few buildings, the game is over too fast. With too much buildings, it gets tiresome.

"Only few people know how much one has to know in order to know how little one knows." - Werner Heisenberg

Top Quote
DragonAtma
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2015-09-24, 10:14

When I play Widelands (I usually play Endless Mode, No Fog until every CPU is gone) and go with Headquarters instead of Fortified Villages, I tend to think of every Headquarters as that force's capital. So why not add Conquest as a win condition, with the task to destroy all enemy headquarters?

Top Quote
Venatrix
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2015-09-24, 12:07

DragonAtma wrote:

When I play Widelands (I usually play Endless Mode, No Fog until every CPU is gone) and go with Headquarters instead of Fortified Villages, I tend to think of every Headquarters as that force's capital. So why not add Conquest as a win condition, with the task to destroy all enemy headquarters?

So… you basically mean the already existing autocrat win condition.

About the number of houses or ships: It could be like wood gnome or collector. The game ends after 4 hours and the one with the most buildings / ships / soldiers / whatever wins.

Two is the oddest prime.

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-09-24, 17:07

speaking of victory conditions, it would be nice if the choice of them was on a menu, instead of clicking to cycle them. if you accidentally click one time too many, you have to cycle all the win conditions again.

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Topic Opener
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-09-24, 17:28

"reach a specific point" condition is meant like a race. Imagine a map where you always see your opponent (but couldn't attack him) and you and your opponent could only enlarge the territory in the same direction. So you would see how far your enemy is ... may this would bring a kind of thrill without focus on military face-smile.png

But yes, this ideas would need some scenario (or map) scripting... so they couldn't be a win condition for a normal game.

The idea of king_of_nowhere is a good one face-smile.png

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
wl-zocker

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2015-09-24, 18:30

speaking of victory conditions, it would be nice if the choice of them was on a menu, instead of clicking to cycle them. if you accidentally click one time too many, you have to cycle all the win conditions again.

See https://bugs.launchpad.net/widelands/+bug/536489. It would be really much more intuitive.

"Only few people know how much one has to know in order to know how little one knows." - Werner Heisenberg

Top Quote
QCS

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2015-09-25, 10:31

> *kaputtnik wrote:*
>
> Are there any ideas to have other win conditions? F.e.:
>
> * Find all artifacts... the player who found the most artifacts wins the game
> * Reach a specific point an a map before an other player reach this point
>
> Any other ideas?
>
>

Some ideas I had:

1. Something in between wood gnome and collector - emphasizing the importance of low-level resources while not going for live trees and while keeping the game time very short (2 hours max). Idea would be to count all wares in storages based on their "preciousness" from the config, this makes having many low-level resources like trunks, water and stones a good base for winning. I have no idea how to call that one, though... ;-)

2. "Black Friday". Stock up your storages on each and every resource to be 50 or more. Game is restricted in time, if the first win-condition is not fulfilled, but in that case, high-level wares lose significantly in value when counting compared to low-level resources (simulating that a $1 item can't be reduced much in price, while a $500 item can be reduced to $100 in super sale actions).

3. "Moving on". Stock up your storages to have a total of 500 items of any type in your headquarter and have a warehouse at least 1/5th map size away with 0 items to trigger the "winning sequence", and then empty your warehouse so it has 0 items and your other warehouse has at least 500 items, and the items "on the road" (difference between economy wares and storage wares) must be < 100. First player who does this wins. This is in quite a few ways challenging... ;-)

4. "Wasting". Stock up your "economy wares" to 1000 and then do everything possible to reduce them to 200, even including (or excluding) creating soldiers...

I realize this is just some ideas, and they may need to be thought through (especially the values)... but since you asked... ;-)

CMake is evil.

Top Quote