Latest Posts

Topic: My widelands dream

king_of_nowhere
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-03-21, 12:04

Last night I dreamed that I was playing widelands.

I was playing in the tournament, and I was conquering my opponent, when suddenly I remembered that the win condition wass collectors, so it wouldn't matter how much I conquered unless I could kill my opponent within 4 hours. I checked, it was 3:18. Not enough time to finish the conquering, so I rushed to stop my economy.

Now, for some weird reason that makes sense only in a dream, I could not do it from where I was: I was looking at my cconquest, and to go back to my economy I had to physically go out of the place where I was and go back home (yeah, I wasn't at home: to control the attack I had to leave and go in another building). It was maybe 200 meters between the two buildings, but in some way I managed to get lost. Without intending it, I entered into a shopping mall, and then I was lost inside the shopping mall without being able to find the exit.

All the while I was speaking in chat with my teammate, and while I wanted to speak english I kept accidentally speaking italian. And my teammate kept saying "english, please". But then he was answering me in perfect italian, while denying that he knew the language.

The map was some kind of scenario inspired to Paris; there was the city with the roads and the buildings as immovables, and as a win condition (aside from collectors) you had to conquer a certain number of buildings in the city center. And instead of making fortresses and towers, our soldiers were going into miniature replicas of the bastille and the tour eiffel. The soldiers instead were the ones of settlers 2.

Maybe that's why I had to leave home to check my economy, I was actually in the map at times? Dreams sometimes makes no sense like that. a few days ago I dreamed that some people were running away from zombies, and at some point they had to stop and take pictures.

Top Quote
fk
Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2015-03-22, 12:57

@king_of_nowhere Can I give some thoughts on that?

The dream is about the game in "collectors" mode and then goes on to a shopping mall where you can collect even more. It is also about Widelands' economy and as it seems a commercial area. You could not win the game and in the mall you couldn't find the exit. Things are more related than what it looks like at first sight.

About the zombies and taking pictures: people were running away but than stopped and faced the threat. What is a zombie? Someone without a will of it's own. What is a computer, or is it about human beings? I would have taken those pictures, too.

Edited: 2015-03-22, 12:58

Top Quote