Latest Posts

Topic: Atlantean spiders sound like pigs

Tmk
Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2013-03-20, 13:53

It's not really a problem, but I think I found that the atlantean spider farm evokes the pig sound from the empire piggery.

Top Quote
QCS

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2013-03-20, 17:29

Haven't checked it ingame, but from the conf files, only the farm (the one growing corn) makes piggy sounds (for whatever reason). The spider farm doesn't make sound. Could you check if that happens if you don't have a working farm?

CMake is evil.

Top Quote
Tmk
Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2013-03-21, 13:45

Well, I checked that again, and you are right. It's the corn farm.

Top Quote
chuckw
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2013-03-21, 18:59

Tmk wrote: Well, I checked that again, and you are right. It's the corn farm.

Considering the fact that the atlanteans having nothing to do with pigs [it's nothing personal between them you understand :)], and I don't think they would want them getting into their corn farms in the first place, IMHO we should consider removing or changing the sound effect in the corn farm's conf file.

I see little people.

Top Quote
Venatrix
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2013-03-21, 19:12

Agreed. Don’t know, if I remember right, but I think in the Settlers I there was a sound of the scythe harvesting the wheat. That would be more appropriate. Though it was only played, when the farmer really did harvest the wheat. Should be doable, right?

Two is the oddest prime.

Top Quote
chuckw
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2013-03-21, 19:47

Absolutely! If we have a suitable sound effect in our library now, and I think we do (scythe_00.ogg), it should be as simple as replacing the file name in the conf file.

EDIT: Though, that sound is already associated with the farmer, so unless we have something that sounds like "corn growing", and I think we don't, we should either delete the entry or comment it out.

Edited: 2013-03-21, 19:52

I see little people.

Top Quote
chuckw
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2013-03-21, 19:54

Anyone feel like recording some crows or something? face-smile.png

I see little people.

Top Quote
Tmk
Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2013-03-22, 14:32

chuckw wrote: Considering the fact that the atlanteans having nothing to do with pigs [it's nothing personal between them you understand face-smile.png], and I don't think they would want them getting into their corn farms in the first place, IMHO we should consider removing or changing the sound effect in the corn farm's conf file.

Yeah the pig sound is a little confusing with the atlanteans. Now I can actually hear a scythe sound besides the pig sound with the farm, but no entry in it's conf file for that. Where from does it come, then?

Edit: Ah alright, it is going with the farmer. Just understood this text after I wrote... Then I also support deleting/ uncommenting the pig sound with the farm.

Edited: 2013-03-22, 14:40

Top Quote
chuckw
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2013-03-22, 14:43

The scythe is associated with the farmer's "harvest" animation. It is not directly invoked by the farm. That is why it doesn't appear in the farm's conf file.

I see little people.

Top Quote
Adamant

Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2013-03-29, 13:32

I'm anyway bored my the Sound when a Lumberer fall a Tree. I'm not sure why but I did consider that the Voice sounds unauthentic: there is any Guy who perhaps never hold an Axe in his Hand in his Life but is not a Lumberer who works many Hours per Day with heavy Tools/Works. That Sound is in its Nature not a Kind of Report ("I dunno if you already know but I did lumber a Tree") or something but an serious important Message as Warning to other Persons in Range to inform about a really deadly Danger: there is a Heavy Tree gonna falling and that means "watch your ass - if you are at wong place at wrong time then next Moment you are either dead or badly injured°. So consider a strong Guy with strong and loud Voice and he don't call but yell that Message even he think al other Guys are out of Range. Fazit: I miss Force (heavy strong Guy) in that Call and more Diversity (different Calls/Callers). Brief: anyway that offered Bim-Bam bores me and let me consider if its reasonable to make a special Menu where a Player can disable such Sounds (CheckBox for ´´´Lumber_success_sound´´´ ?!? and then for all other Unit-Sounds as other Player may get bored by other Sounds? .. sure, why nor! have just to get programmed face-wink.png or change Sound? Severals Sounds were done for Money by Service by any Audio-Studio once before ... I don't expect any Cheer for that Critique and may be I'm the only one who is bored by hearing BimBam. I wonder why the Fisher's Success makes a "Blob" and some other but the reasonable BimBam bores me. Like to hear what other can tell about BimBab-Critique. I like to hear more Sounds I would put into Category Ambiente: Chickens even there is no ChickenFarm but more for Nature/WildLife. For Nature/WildLife I can suggest: floating Water, WoodPecker, Cuckoo, Owl, (and perhaps also a Little Owl) and Strok. These Sounds are mostly well knwn and would spend much broader Diversity to audial Ambiente of Nature/WildLife and partially perhaps also Village. I miss WildHorses resp wild Variants of Animals used for StockKeeping.

Ivan the Terrible is dead .. Genghis Khan is dead .. and I do not feel well, too.

Top Quote