Latest Posts

Topic: many ideas

ours_en_pluche

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2012-06-03, 16:40

hi,

in first, sorry for my poor english, i'm just french ;) i play with widelands build-17

golbal function:

-a search box : can find building or action on building, for example : a toolbox, where we can select for example : gold mines ( not sure for the name, i play in french ), and after, we move map to the first find gold mine, and after 2 buttons, next and previous ( like a search on firefox/chrome ) and action, like "not enough bread". and the search building can change color

-a function "all in one" to see how many people/things are on "stash" ( not sure of word )

gameplay function:

-more resolution

-resize window

-zoom and unzoom by scroll mouse.

i hope, you can understand my bad english face-smile.png

bye

ours

Edited: 2012-06-03, 16:44

Top Quote
hjd

Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2012-06-03, 20:34

Hi and welcome to the forum.

-a function "all in one" to see how many people/things are on "stash" ( not sure of word )

This is already available, see Statistics -> stock.

-more resolution

I think the options should present whichever resolutions your monitor supports, but I don't know the details here. Could you elaborate why you'd like more or what you think is missing?

-resize window

Already reported, and is on the wishlist https://bugs.launchpad.net/widelands/+bug/601403.

-zoom and unzoom by scroll mouse.

Would require a lot of work. See https://bugs.launchpad.net/widelands/+bug/536461 for details.

Ships!

Top Quote
ours_en_pluche

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2012-06-03, 20:48

hi, thanks.

my screen is in 1600x900.

the only resolution in graphicals options are : 800x600 16 bits and 1600x900 32 bits.

i prefer play in window mode, as i must play in 800x600 16 bits, no other choice, it can be nice to have other choice between that. if i play in 1600x900 in window mode, i don't see the button in the bottom lol.

and ok, ifind it for other questions,

thanks a lot face-smile.png

Top Quote
wl-zocker

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2012-06-04, 09:43

-a search box : can find building or action on building, for example : a toolbox, where we can select for example : gold mines ( not sure for the name, i play in french ), and after, we move map to the first find gold mine, and after 2 buttons, next and previous ( like a search on firefox/chrome ) and action, like "not enough bread". and the search building can change color

I am not sure what you mean, but if you go to statistics->buildings and then select a building from the list, you can go to previous/next. Is that what you searched for?

The resolution thing is a bit strange, maybe it is due to your graphic card or whatever. You can try out the following: Go to the folder where the Widelands data are saved (Windows: C:/user/yourname/.widelands). There is a config file where you can change "xres" and "yres". You can enter there e.g. 1366 and 768 (that exists in my Widelands options). Maybe that helps you.

"Only few people know how much one has to know in order to know how little one knows." - Werner Heisenberg

Top Quote
ours_en_pluche

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2012-06-04, 18:54

hi,

yes, it's right for statistics.

i will see for config flie, but i'm on linux.
my graphic card is a nvidia gt 120m. she run without problems on many game.

a link of graphics setting :

bye

Top Quote
Shevonar

Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2012-06-04, 19:05

On Linux the config file is in ~/.widelands/

Top Quote
ours_en_pluche

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2012-06-05, 22:28

hi,

i have try to edit the config file to change resolution, and that work :p

thank's a lot

but that don't change the realm problem to only have 2 resolution face-confused.png

Edited: 2012-06-05, 23:57

Top Quote
Shevonar

Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2012-06-06, 07:03

but that don't change the realm problem to only have 2 resolution face-confused.png

This problem affects only you so far. The problem might be some kind of incompatibility between your monitor, your graphics card, its drivers, the operating system and Widelands. Without access to your - or an exact copy - hardware and system none of the developers can fix this bug IMHO. Sorry for the bad news face-sad.png

Edited: 2012-06-06, 07:14

Top Quote
teppo

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2013-03-05, 11:56

I have few more minor requests:

• While reloading a save game in multi player: The game crashes, if the host clicks "start game" while a savegame is being transferred. Could the host wait until all transfers are complete before committing the "start game" action?

• While reloading a save game in multi player: If there is exact match between "my" name and a player's name in the save game, that team should be selected instead of first available team when connecting the host. Else the default could be eg. observer.

Top Quote
teppo

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2013-03-05, 12:17

One more minor game suggestion:

In older widelands (build 9 for example), the types of buildings that can be build at a spot were indicated with small, coloured dots. Currently they are shown as a rather large pictures. when the build-help is turned on, these dominate the view. I would like to have the option to see the old-style dots instead, as they do not distract the landscape and still provide more or less the same information. Could this be an option?

Neither this or the previous two suggestions are related to the original one of this thread. The topic just sounded right..

Top Quote