Latest Posts

Topic: new buildings / unlimited ressources

sogravsvoce

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2013-02-09, 17:10

market - enchange ressources for anothers...

alchemist house - make alchemy with 1 wood, make 1 gold or iron ores mine terrain tower - to see and eplore mine terrain...

unlimited ores, water and fish - when i play some hours in fast mode (60 seconds for 1 real second) i see the ores finishing and level 3 mines was get unuseful, i have all terrain eplored and none ore or bar, please make it unlimited.

Edited: 2013-02-09, 17:15

Top Quote
ixprefect

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2013-02-09, 22:56

I'm not so keen about an Age of Empires-style market where you can magically exchange one type of ware into another type. It somehow fit AoE with its restriction to four different types of wares, but in Widelands, where the whole point of the game is that you need to build an economy that produces everything in a properly balanced way, it just doesn't seem to fit.

On the other hand, we've long talked about some form of trading between players.

Alchemy is something that theoretically could be explored on the level of tribes, but then it should be really expensive. The charcoal burner already exists, and you see how expensive it (rightfully!) is.

Unlimited resources could perhaps be a game mode for the people who like it. Usually, games are supposed to be over after either a fixed time (e.g. wood gnome) or after some team has conquered everybody. It is part of the map design to make sure that this can happen without completely running out of resources, but running out at least in some regions is part of the challenge during normal play. Though I could imagine some people might be interested in a play mode with less restriction, so I could see it becoming a game mode at some point.

Besides, aren't the deepest mines supposed to produce unlimited ores? They just get really inefficient after some time. I often think that the way mines work should be made more transparent to players.

Top Quote
Adamant

Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2013-02-11, 16:17

I'm not a Friend of "Eco-Magic" (change Good/Work into Gold and reverse but 1 Wood can get 1 Ore etc). Alchemy as Term sounds good to me in Sense of Begins of Science: Research and Development. Same Sort is Astrology.

I'm not also a Friend of unlimited Resources BUT it's currious to me if I can't build due to my Economy run out of Stones AND there is a large Mountain next to LandMarks: "Sorry, Himmalaya is empty! No Stones anymore, sorry!" What?!? I argue PRO limited Resources but CON limited as is. The expensive Thing for Steel is its Costs for Energy/Coke/Work/InfraStructure. If today large Amounts of Steel can get produced it's not about that there is more=cheap IronOre in the Deposits than before but Tec got more powerful to produce cheaper but Coke is expensive and Iron/Steel takes a Lot from Coke/Ore. The Point is: I don't like this tight Limit of Ore in the Deposit but I don't want that primitive Tribes can have an IronRush like in ModernAge. From my PerSpecitve its strange If producing some Swords and Armours and Mine got empty for. Dunno how to hit the Nail but I can confirm that I'm not satisfied with Amount of Ore inside Mines. I got the Idea Resources are limited to 'int 64' (or 256?). Plz increase Type to 16 Bit to allow Limit on another Level.

Ivan the Terrible is dead .. Genghis Khan is dead .. and I do not feel well, too.

Top Quote
p3827

Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2013-03-06, 10:50

I have another triks. 1. Edit savegame (limit resources with 65000 of anything in storage) 2. Generating second playable file, with no decresation mines (I work with it). Better be standard option in starting menu, with checked unlimited resources, but it is meybe a dream.

Top Quote