Currently Online

Latest Posts

Topic: Some kind of military building buildable on mountains

radoslawmazurek
Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2024-04-24, 21:55

Need some military building that could be built on mountains. Let it be some kind of outpost, max 1 soldier and low HP.

Unreachable ores are so annoying.

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2024-04-25, 17:23

No tribe in widelands provides such a buildng, and probably such a building will never be implemented.

You can try to build a bigger military building near the mountain, so more land of the mountain will be conquered.

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
radoslawmazurek
Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2024-04-25, 17:50

No building has so large conquer area to cover all mountains in some cases.

I think that should be such building to enable to reach this resources. I hope it's at least modable.

EDIT:

In some cases you can't even build larger buildings near mountains.

Edited: 2024-04-25, 17:51

Top Quote
Ron_of_Nord
Version: 1.2rc1
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2024-04-26, 05:10

You can put a tower on a mountain if there is a medium building plot. The atlantean tutorial game ( atleaast I think it was the atlantean one) shows how it can be done. I have used the same idea in some of my own maps. You just need to be able to reach such a site.

The aussies are coming, ya ho! ya ho!

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2024-04-26, 08:09

such a building (buildable on mountains) would enable to circumvent choking points placed by the map creator with intention to mark the spot for intense fighting where the better economy might decide the battle.
So if there are some regions that are unavailable this was the intent of the map designer and I don't like any concept that is making intented things on maps useless.
if it is not making any difference whether there are mountains or other terrains why bother with carefully setting them? by this we would probably end with less interesting maps.
so -1 from my side for a mountain buildable military building.

to be able to gather more or all ressources one might add an addon allowing for bigger mining radiuses for mines.

Top Quote
radoslawmazurek
Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2024-04-26, 09:19

I play in generated maps. There are often vast areas of unreachable ores. The only thing that might help is to expand on mountains.

I guess I'll create mod then. Thanks for your feedback.

Top Quote