Latest Posts

Topic: widelands tournament 2019

WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-05-25, 21:31

king_of_nowhere wrote:

Rules (...) The game version should be build 20 or a newer development version. Make sure to take care that every player in a match uses the same game version.

If two players could not agree on the version, what would happen? It might have some advantages if build20 would be the only version for the tournament. Replays don't get quickly useless and nobody who wants to watch has to change versions.

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-05-25, 22:48

WorldSavior wrote:

king_of_nowhere wrote:

Rules (...) The game version should be build 20 or a newer development version. Make sure to take care that every player in a match uses the same game version.

If two players could not agree on the version, what would happen? It might have some advantages if build20 would be the only version for the tournament. Replays don't get quickly useless and nobody who wants to watch has to change versions.

So far, it never happened that two people could not agree on a version.

As for compatibility, iirc replays were always compatible until somewhere around build 19, when backwards compatibility was broken to update some code. soo, whether we use core or trunk, should not matter as far as compatibility goes, and won't matter until some specific pieces of code are touched again. Correct me if I'm wrong.

kaputtnik wrote:

The search gives this result face-smile.png

i tried the search function, got no results. Must have misclicked something.

Top Quote
teppo

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2019-05-26, 06:50

king_of_nowhere wrote:

As for compatibility, iirc replays were always compatible until somewhere around build 19, when backwards compatibility was broken to update some code. soo, whether we use core or trunk, should not matter as far as compatibility goes, and won't matter until some specific pieces of code are touched again. Correct me if I'm wrong.

There is an attempt to have savegame compatibility. Replay compatibility goes away more easily. I think that WorldSavior has a point.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-05-26, 12:47

Me too - let's stick with Build 20 for this one. We already have some nice new features in current trunk, but for the replays, it would be better to stick to Build 20, since we're still pretty close to it development-wise.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-05-26, 17:32

ok then. build 20 will be

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-05-26, 20:29

king_of_nowhere wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

Well, actually replay compatibility gets lost rather often. For example the replay of the match Mars vs Einstein became already incompatible during the tournament. And now with b20 I cannot watch anymore trunk replays from february.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-06-01, 17:04

Hasi50 wrote:

I want to take part.

Please consider my Map "Cossriver" for Artefacts. to make it fair we shold modify the Map

modifying, how? Why do you consider the map as unfair?

and hide the Artifacts at some other places

Which places? I made a little test and placed one artefact close to the blue position and another one close to the red. There haven't been many positions where they make sense. The result is a very weird kind of match and I think that it would make more sense to play autocrat instead.

Top Quote
ektor
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2019-06-03, 11:40

Hi face-smile.png

I have a question : when we play a game on a map of 3 or more players, do we remove them, or do we play with AI ?

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-06-03, 11:50

ektor wrote:

Hi face-smile.png

I have a question : when we play a game on a map of 3 or more players, do we remove them, or do we play with AI ?

Hello : )

The host has to close those player slots then, at least it was like this during the last tournaments. So placing some AIs somewhere will probably not be allowed.

Top Quote
ektor
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2019-06-03, 17:02

OK, thanks WorldSavior face-smile.png

I asked myself the question while playing "the thaw"... just to discover the map.

Top Quote