Latest Posts

Topic: scenario AI

hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-03-22, 21:11
  1. I have uploaded the change I described yesterday (exchange of coal and iron ressources) and some fixes to the terrain of the southern island to make it easier to reach the coal / settle the whole island. This would prevent for sure any deadlock due to no iron available to the player. Perhaps you could give it a try.
  2. While setting out the objective to produce gold amalea is giving the advice to send out some geologists. This was always meant as more than one which should always discover the gold. As well she gives the advice to use the economy options in the way you described after completing the lower columns demand objective.
  3. the shrine objective is surely not necessary but I found it quite amusing to gain some more diversity in the end game. the idea is just having something to do while conquering the island step by step. In fact this was based on some conversation I had with tinker some time ago. so as it works (except of not triggering the message) I think we should keep it in the game. (Furthermore it would not fit into the storyline of the follow on scenario I have in mind.
  4. I would be honoured to be part of the official development team although my capabilites are as limites as is my time. For the meantime I have subscribed you to my private branch so you should be able to upload now.

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-03-22, 21:24

Just filed a bug report (#1675179) to describe required new lua funtions to improve the scenario.

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-03-22, 22:18

hessenfarmer wrote:

1. For the meantime I have subscribed you to my private branch so you should be able to upload now.

Subscribing means only that i get e-mail if something in that branch changes. Uploading changes isn't possible for me. Because it's just the image that i would change, i think you could also do it face-wink.png

I test the new revision face-smile.png

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-03-23, 05:47

I have added you to Widelands Developers. Visit your branch on Launchpad, select "Change branch details" on the top left and set the branch owner to widelands-dev. Then you can work on the branch together.

Just don't push anything to trunk face-wink.png

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
Ex-Member
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2017-03-23, 10:41

I did come across the problem of Iron mining on the south island once, also caused by towers on the barbarian island but it was not really a problem as I could build an iron mine right on the boarder which mined outside the boarder.

As you updated the file again, is the one you PM'd me out of date? I still have no idea how to get it from Launchpad.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-03-23, 12:15

Launchpad instructions: https://wl.widelands.org/wiki/BzrPrimer/

GUI client: https://launchpad.net/bzr-explorer/+download

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
Ex-Member
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2017-03-23, 13:05

You are joking I hope. A download of over 4Gb just to copy a 500k file to my install, looks like I will not be testing this anymore.

Top Quote
Tibor

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-03-23, 13:08

I dont know if 4 GB was alright, but bottom line of local repository is that next time you will download only differences.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-03-23, 19:59

Launchpad also offers a web browser, but it won't zip up folders for you, so doing the full download is easier than manually downloading each file - and also less error prone. And as Tibor said, pulling updates is pretty fast after you grabbed your first download, especially if you use the init-repo command.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-03-23, 20:59

Hi everybody, @ gun_chleoc: thanks for adding me to the dev list. Never expected that when I started playing widelands in 2012 or so. I promise to try not to do something stupid on launchpad although I don't have fully understood how bazaar and launchpad work together. @ widelands-dev: just changed the branch owner to the list. so now we really could start to work together. @ tinker: As I really appreciate your comments and contribution I just updated my dropbox so you should be able to download the latest version from there.

will try to get the message in the artifact function triggered. Anybody willing to help me. If we get fixed this I would assume the mission mature enough.

Top Quote