Latest Posts

Topic: is editor failing in 7557 only for me?

king_of_nowhere
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-10-22, 18:07

I'm asking here before filing a bug report because i really hope someone can tell me an easy way to bypass this and manage to save the map i was working on, without losing a bunch of work.

whenever i try to save the map, i get the message

Error saving map!

Saved map file may be corrupt!

Reason given:

[c:/data/bzr/widelands/working/src/io/filesystem/layered_filesystem.cc:234 ] LayeredFileSystem: unable to create sub filesystem

I've noticed the game attempts to ccreate a saved game file, as [name].wtf.tmp. having nothing to lose, i tried to manually rename the file as a .wtf, and it turned out i can open that file without problem with the editor of 7515. apparently, no information was lost; so far i only worked on terrain and elevation, however.

also, when i tried to save the map again, it refused to overwrite a file and told me i'd have to delete the old save manually, but maybe that's only because the saved game was .wtf.tmp

but i already had problems with the editor forbidding you to overwrite old saves (giving error messages if you try) since several months ago; i never reported it because it's easier to just add a number to the new save, and i figured your programming time could have been used better.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-10-22, 20:39

I think I have seen something like this as well, I can't reproduce it with current trunk right now though.

The .tmp file thing is pretty recent and was introduced to solve some problems.

Where have you installed Widelands? Maybe Windows is blocking the overwriting of files if it is in Program Files - just a wild guess.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-10-22, 21:46

widelands is in program files, but the saved maps are in my user folder, so windows shouldn's give problems there

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-10-23, 04:28

ok, i made a test. i installed the last available windows build, 7562, and the editor has the same problem.

then i installed it again, outside of program files (in c:/widelands 7562, to be exact) and it behaves exactly the same.

i opened a bug report

https://bugs.launchpad.net/widelands/+bug/1509172

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-10-23, 08:45

Thanks for double-checking and the bug report.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote