Latest Posts

Topic: Select All/Invert selection button in Warehouse

Ergo
Topic Opener
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2015-09-07, 17:18

Hi,

Would be good to add a Select All and Invert Selection buttons to all Warehouse types: HQ, WH, Port. It was implemented in Settlers 2 and Im having much micromanagement because it isnt in the game.

Edited: 2015-09-07, 17:38

Hic regum sceptrum dominus tenet
orbisque habenas temperat
et volucrem currum stabilis regit
rerum coruscus arbiter.
-- Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-09-07, 17:29

You could use the Buildingsmenu (Shortcut "b").

But maybe i do not really understand your whish.

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
Ergo
Topic Opener
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2015-09-07, 17:39

The buildings menu is not the same. I mean the ware selection in warehouses. The same as in The Settlers 2 game from 1994 (MS-DOS). The same feature is in the Messages window now (bzr 7519).

Edited: 2015-09-07, 17:43

rerum coruscus arbiter.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-09-08, 07:00

I think it is a good idea - I have filed a bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/widelands/+bug/1493211

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-09-08, 07:23

I am not sure if this is a good idea. Normally i build a Warehouse and want to put in here some special wares. F.e. i want to store wares which are used for buildings: Log, Wood, Stone, and so on. An option to select all wares wouldn't help in this case.

It would help if a warehouse seems to get lost and a player want to pull out all the wares in this warehouse. But then the player has made a wrong decision in the past and f.e. build a warehouse near the border of his territory.

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-09-08, 07:26

I have also forgotten that you can click and drag - would this help you enough, Ergo?

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
Ergo
Topic Opener
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2015-09-08, 13:03

Then let me rephrase: the same buttons I want that are in the Messages window (Clear selection/Invert selection). Want them on all Warehouse windows (HQ, WH, Port) to select/invert selection of wares. Ofc you can select all if none is selected and then invert selection. This was implemented in some way in Settlers 2 and want it back. And yes, sometimes I need to pull wares from warehouses elsewhere. Even to pull all. Even the atlantean campaign scenario number one recommends it. You never tried to relocate the entire warehouse? Atlantean campaign, scenario #1: You need to relocate your entire wares from HQ because of the rising sea level.

Click and drag where? Its only select/deselect. And if you add drag then you make it worse - more movement with the mouse, more clicking and holding mouse button. If you mean click and drag to select groups of wares then its not good, I have complex patterns, cant be selected by dragging. But that click and drag should remain nevertheless, it is certainly a help.

It is completely making sense to have that two buttons in WH types. Dont need to click 300 times to select every ware or group/complex pattern of wares. And when I want to make that in 10 warehouses each with their own complex pattern? I have to click 3000 times? And when I need complex ware distribution selection with every WH with its own complex policy, then I can do that with it. It is similar to various levels of the economy: there is the local level, the county/regional level and the national level. I dont play like you. For example, try to coordinate 25 different warehouses on the national level, with each of their local specialities.

Sorry, but I need that two buttons in all WH types. It was with a good reason included in Settlers 2.

About the proposed trading: this also useful when the national economy is tweaked to trade with other tribes.

Why good the Clear/Invert selection buttons? I can use boolean to create my complex ware selection patterns.

It can be played without that too, just need a bit more clicking and dragging. And it adds a second way to do things, like in Windows, you can do things in more ways.

Edited: 2015-09-08, 14:41

rerum coruscus arbiter.

Top Quote
einstein13
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-09-09, 10:00

In settlers II (as I can remember) you coudn't match more than one ware in warehouse. Here you can match complex pattern of wares at once. If you want to match all- click on the first ware and drag over whole wares list. You will match all wares. Clicking one more time to "get rid of everything matched" will take less than 1 second. So you need: 2 clicks and 1 special move of mouse.

I don't use complex patterns very often. The wares are sorted and everything is quite easy to select. I think that adding more buttons to warehouse GUI will make it too complex.

einstein13
calculations & maps packages: http://wuatek.no-ip.org/~rak/widelands/
backup website files: http://kartezjusz.ddns.net/upload/widelands/

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-09-09, 10:05

From this discussion, "Select all" is definitely not needed. "Invert selection" might have some merit though. On the other hand, you can first select all for one setting, then select the wares you want and apply the other setting.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote