Latest Posts

Topic: Ai on the offensive should be more reluctant to burn military buildings

king_of_nowhere
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-03-06, 21:45

cutting the road on rangers is also good because they don't need a road to connect them, so, if the road was only going to the forester, cutting it frees one more space to plant a tree. same goes for gamekeepers and fish breeders. Also, I would not stop a ranger when the nearby area is full of buildings. in fact, that's when it can work without taking space from them. it will only plant in the empty spaces between buildings and it won't bother anything. I instead prefer to stop foresters if i want to make buildings there, so i can chop everything and see what i can produce there. In fact, I generally pprefer to make a cluster of foresters disconnected from road with woodcutters around, so the foresters can plant trees around them. quite effective way to save space. only reason i could stop a forester in the middle of buildings is if i wanted to make more roads. in which case AI can still get away with waiting until those trees are cut. So, only other reason i could think to stop a ranger is if it is too close to farms, but i hope ai is programmed to avoid that as it is one of the basic things of building placements. Military buildings are another thing entirely. I think it should not destroy military buildings already completed and filled with soldiers, especially if they are at the front.unless maybe they were under attack by stronger soldiers, in which case keeping those buildings would just be a waste. Last but not least, When I played against AI it was fairly easy to avoid getting attacked by making a fortress on a chocke point, and the AI usually would not have a tower in sighting range and would not be able to see my fortress, thus never attacking. AI was not programmed to make scouts. Was that improved? I don't think it would be especially difficult to impplement a line "if you can't see the enemy military building, make a scout"

Top Quote