Currently Online

Latest Posts

Topic: New tutorials - Warning: SPOILER

wl-zocker

Topic Opener
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2014-10-12, 17:40

The new message window closing instruction is good. Can you tie an objective into it?

I am not sure whether I can check for a specific building's window or just for any building_window (which could be the one of the headquarters, too). Furthermore, I have to take care what happens when the constructionsite is finished before the player opened the window. I therefore decided to leave it to player to open the window or not. There is still an objective when closing the message window.

And there is a new version. See my very first post.

"Only few people know how much one has to know in order to know how little one knows." - Werner Heisenberg

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2014-10-28, 13:05

The branch is in a state now where we should be able to merge it. It would be good to have some additional playtesting done though.

You can get the branch by running bzr branch lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/new-tutorials in a terminal, then compile it by running ./compile.sh. More information on compiling is available on the wiki.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2014-10-29, 20:29

Update: Since da boss has given his thumbs up, I have merged this into trunk today. This means that you will be able to access the new tutorials via the nightly builds soon.

Please do report any bugs you find. I am also keen on weeding out any errors in the strings - although we did our best to proofread, we are not native speakers of American English.

Thanks to wl-zocker for his excellent work on this face-smile.png

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
SirVer

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2014-10-29, 21:39

I assume you mean with "Da Boss", right? There is a long tongue for you: :P.

Besides, you did review and approve this change and one extra pair of eyes is enough, does not have to be mine. I just drove by and played the campaigns for fun yesterday and gave my thumbs up for good fun and story telling.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2014-10-30, 10:06

Well, since I was involved in the programming, it was good to have an extra pair of eyes face-smile.png

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote