Thanks for the message. I've updated the devel version in the port to 8377, and adjusted the dependencies as you suggest. I also added options to build it using glbinding instead of glew. This required supporting ports for glbinding and cpplocate to support that.
As MacPorts can be slow to bring in new ports, to make that easy to use, these three ports are all in a group now. You can download the git group and use them altogether as a repo, and use them as mentioned above. Hopefully these will all make it into macports soon so no tricks will be needed anymore.
The group can be obtained like this "git clone https://github.com/kencu/macports-staging.git"