Latest Posts

Topic: New Website Design

Shevonar

Topic Opener
Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2012-05-04, 20:32

I didn't write anything for a long time, so here is the update finally:

• The login box does not work with SSL. I think there is no way to keep it, so I added a link as on the current website.
  • The wiki got the new design and a new feature: the title can contain spaces, and '-' and ':'. The title will be displayed at the top of the page. This means that most pages of the current wiki will have to be changed to have a nice title and links need to be adjusted.
  • The comments also have the new design.
  • The profile and edit profile page have got the new design.
  • The maps module has got a new design.
  • The recaptcha is SSL encrypted to prevent problems in some browsers.
  • New design for developers, changelog, webchat and error pages.
  • The screenshot gallery was changed again. Now it is even more awesome.
  • Lots of fixes and minor changes.

Some of these changes have been online on my test website for quite a while, so you might have seen them already face-wink.png

EDIT: Just edited profiles in, didn't want to write yet another post face-tongue.png

Edited: 2012-05-05, 10:14

Top Quote
Shevonar

Topic Opener
Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2012-05-16, 21:44

Some news again, mostly for logged in users:

Now there is only the online_help left to do which is a lot of work.

Top Quote
Shevonar

Topic Opener
Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2012-05-20, 11:46

The online help (renamed to Encyclopedia) has got the new design and also some bugs are fixed now. I will try to add some requested features and further improve it in the next days. Have a look at it!

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2012-05-20, 15:24

Shevonar wrote: The online help (renamed to Encyclopedia) has got the new design and also some bugs are fixed now. I will try to add some requested features and further improve it in the next days. Have a look at it!

Very nice :)!!!

Top Quote
SirVer

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2012-05-21, 16:07

Awesome! I am especially happy about the Lua documentation with syntax highlighting. The documentation is sooo useful for me sooo often -- even though I've written practically all of it myself. Having looking nicer is really, really good.

I also like the looks of the new encyclopedia.

Top Quote
Venatrix
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2012-05-21, 18:33

Wait, there is a page with the format syntax of the whole page?
There definitely should be a (help-)link in the reply section of the forum to that page (if it isn’t already).

I always wondered, how to make those linebreaks inside a paragraph and often there are questions like how to mask links and how to include an image and so on.

Two is the oddest prime.

Top Quote
Shevonar

Topic Opener
Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2012-05-21, 19:43

Venatrix wrote: Wait, there is a page with the format syntax of the whole page? There definitely should be a (help-)link in the reply section of the forum to that page (if it isn’t already). I always wondered, how to make those linebreaks inside a paragraph and often there are questions like how to mask links and how to include an image and so on.

Good idea! However I don't really like hardlinking to Wiki pages from the templates because Wiki pages might change their title and thus the link will change. The syntax page also needs some love, remove svn tags, which don't work, and add bbcode examples. Well, I plan to rework the whole Wiki, once the new website is online. I will add a new Wiki page and link to it with the new website.

Top Quote
Venatrix
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2012-07-05, 09:17

I’m not sure, whether this is a thing related to the new website or to the forum handling itself: Sometimes I wish there was a way to mark posts as spam (seldom happens, but it does) or for deletion or something similar.

Two is the oddest prime.

Top Quote
borim

Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2012-11-06, 16:58

When writing a post today I realized that you can only quote the last post. It would be great, if you can quote from every post in the thread.

I do not know if this is already possible on the new website. They are currently not accessible.

Top Quote
Shevonar

Topic Opener
Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2012-11-06, 17:20

borim wrote: When writing a post today I realized that you can only quote the last post. It would be great, if you can quote from every post in the thread. I do not know if this is already possible on the new website. They are currently not accessible.

Yes this is possible. Why couldn't you access the new page at http://alpha.widelands.org? At least now there is everything as it should be.

Top Quote