The story that has been here before has been adapted and is currently developed in the campaigns branch on launchpad. The first mission will be in build 16.
There will be a lot of additional information needed to get a clearer idea on what the Antlanteans really are.
Things that can only partly be transported in the campaign. And even where they clearly can, It would help to have a written page for quick reference.
This work is up to those, that have a clear concept in their heads. If I was to phantasize about something here, I would only contradict those existing ideas.
So I am simply pointing out some key questions, independend whether they have been answered or hinted at in the campaign, that I think are relevant and may help to "understand" the Atlanteans better:
- Where so the Atlanteans themselves believe they came from. Any "Genesis"?
- Do they have any physical characteristics that set apart from other races?
- Does "religion" factor into their daily life, and what are those believes, commandments and restrictions?
- How do they cope as "scientists" when science contradicts religious believes?
- Are there tendencies for democracy and electing their leaders, or is leadership handed down by heritage?
- How much individual freedom do Atlanteans have as persons?
- What is their internal view on their own tribe and alien ones? Is tolerance seen as virtue or weakness?
- Is there a commonly accepted role definition for sexes, de jure and de facto?
- There have been references to Atlanteans being a "magic" tribe. What powers do they have?
- Someone should outline a set of values maybe hierarchical, that are dear to Atlanteans and generally accepted.
... probably work in progress, but it's a start.