Latest Posts

Topic: New Port Buildings

chuckw
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2012-03-12, 18:08

Empire Port Piles and Other Enhancements

bzr rev# 6310 contains the most recent changes to the Empire Port Building and the last that I will attempt before "First Snow".

Here is the new build sequence and first idle frame:
b0 b1 b2 b3 i_0

As you can see, I have attempted to show the use of both wood and masonry piles.

I have also added more player color to the building (lintels over the doors) and bales on the dock.

Also, I have animated the rigging on all three cranes to show the effect of the same stiff wind that is moving the flags on the roads. face-smile.png (Sorry, but the ropes on the building will remain stationary. IMHO, they are just too small when sized for the game to bother animating. I hope this is sufficient for now.

I thank everyone who has shared his/her ideas and opinions.
I still welcome your comments and ideas on how we can make these port buildings even better.

Cheers!

Edited for spelling

Edited: 2012-03-12, 21:10

I see little people.

Top Quote
Astuur
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2012-03-12, 19:15

No more comments or ideas, just thanks for a wonderful new building!

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
Astuur
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2012-03-23, 19:36

Seen the Lighthouse-port on a live game today for the first time!
Also very nice, stuff.
I had one idea:
Since we have an idle animation anyhow (nice idea with the swaying ropes!),
I wonder whether we can not have a little change in the intensity of the light on top.
I have no idea what kind of fuel the Empire would use for that, but chances are, it does not
burn totally steady.
This is of course for any "next round" that you may want to apply to the building at some time.

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
chuckw
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2012-03-23, 21:56

Astuur wrote: Seen the Lighthouse-port on a live game today for the first time! Also very nice, stuff. I had one idea: Since we have an idle animation anyhow (nice idea with the swaying ropes!), I wonder whether we can not have a little change in the intensity of the light on top. I have no idea what kind of fuel the Empire would use for that, but chances are, it does not
burn totally steady.

Hmmm, I wonder if I could pass that off as "Greek fire".... Nah, that was the Byzantine Empire. face-smile.png

This is of course for any "next round" that you may want to apply to the building at some time.

Yes, we need that to look more like a flame than like an electric lightbulb. :) Point noted.

I see little people.

Top Quote