Latest Posts

Topic: Lazy carriers sitting in the Warehouse.

LiSrt

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2010-10-02, 18:38

After playing the single player tutorials for a while, I thought of a slight change to the way carriers work.

Currently, a carrier on a road segment which connects to the warehouse will walk right inside the warehouse when delivering wares - should this really be his job?

I would suggest that he instead just dumps the wares at the warehouse's flag, and the carriers who are inside the warehouse come out to pick them up (and put them on the correct shelves in the warehouse or whatever they do in there).

The reason I'm saying this is that the carriers right next to the warehouse are extremely busy and can easily get overloaded, so they could be more efficient if they didn't have to go in the warehouse.

I'm not suggesting that carriers don't take wares into other buildings - we should probably not expect craftsmen to pick up their own supplies from the flag; but while there are carriers sitting around in the warehouse, let's give them some work!

Does anyone else think this would be good to have?

Top Quote
SirVer

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2010-10-02, 19:05

This is actually by design: when wares are carried out of the warehouse, the flag in front of it will get packed very fast (in fact, this already is a big problem if you have wares that are in transit - they can't pass because the flag is full). If others would dump ingoing wares at well, this would be even worse.

Top Quote
LiSrt

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2010-10-02, 19:21

Ah - sorry, I forgot about that - would it be possible for several carriers to be sent out of the warehouse though?

If there are 5 items at the flag to be taken in, then 5 carriers could come to get them (assuming there are enough carriers already in the warehouse - I've never run out of them in any games I've played).

Top Quote