Latest Posts

Topic: Egyptians

TheHunter
Topic Opener
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2018-07-08, 11:10

This is place where we will discuss egyptians or nomads depending what community says

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-07-08, 11:21

You decide what you implement face-smile.png
You already have a great concept for egyptians, and you shouldn´t create a completely different tribe instead unless you really want to.

• Hardened shield

• Golden shield

i think we should have golden armor and hardened armor.I already wrote my idea of shields but im not sure which type of shields should we have

Most tribes have 10 steps of training (atlanteans have 9). 2 defence steps (shield) and 2 health steps (armour) are a bit few, as this would make at least 5 steps of evade.

How about:

• Basic equipment: Armor + Spear

• Defence: Wooden Shield, Iron Shield, Reinforced Shield, Golden Shield

• Health: Studded Armor, Golden Armor, Impenetrable Armor

Total training: 3 Health / 0 Attack / 4 Defense / 3 Evade

Top Quote
TheHunter
Topic Opener
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2018-07-08, 11:29

I like it.Im going to create every single ware before i model buildings and can you send me that template i so dumb i cant find it.

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-07-08, 11:31

You mean the blender building template?

https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~widelands-media-dev/widelands-media/widelands-media/view/head:/graphics/tribes/frisians/empty_template.blend

Edited: 2018-07-08, 11:32

Top Quote
TheHunter
Topic Opener
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2018-07-08, 11:36

Yeah thank you.

Top Quote
ypopezios
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2018-07-08, 12:14

If you plan to use tents, camels, milk etc., then nomads is the most fitting choice. And they fit better in Widelands' exploratory concept overall, so they will trigger more inspiration and support among the community. Still I would like to see Egyptians implemented as an already-developed strong defensive civilization, which the nomads find on their way and are destined to destroy. Now that sounds familiar...

Top Quote
TheHunter
Topic Opener
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2018-07-08, 12:49

I removed tents from in game models and i am still going for egyptians they are first tribe i got idea for also Nomads are cool as well.You can post game suggestion for Nomads maybe someone will ask to create them.I have decided that second carrier will be Horse.We will see its still early.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-07-08, 12:55

Maybe to get started, create 1 building and 1 worker and 1 ware, including very rough Blender models. This way, you will know which skills you need and how much effort it will take, and free you to concentrate on being creative.

Also, use a map with only 1 player slot in single player mode for testing until your tribe is more complete - the AI has some restrictions that you won't want to deal with in the beginning.

Edited: 2018-07-08, 12:59

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
TheHunter
Topic Opener
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2018-07-08, 13:07

I have already created Headquarters and i am testing everythng now im going to create workers already have new ware.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-07-08, 13:37

TheHunter wrote:

Well you see i had couple of ideas I thought a little bit about egyptians,they will be smillar to Atlanteans,

What about making them not similar to Atlanteans? face-wink.png

Wares:

Copper-used for weapons and tools

My opinion on copper: The mining areas are full of iron, which is no copper, so copper probably don't even exist on the maps so far.

Palm planter-hut-plants palms for woodcutter

Actually palms grow only on specific terrain, but any other forester can spawn any tree.

Egyptians soldiers can be trained in only defense health and evade.

Weapons:

Wooden spear - made out of 2 wood

Stone spear - made out of 3 wood and 3 sandstone

Copper spear - Made out of 3 planks and 2 copper

Golden spear - made out of 4 planks and 3 gold

Double golden spear - made out of 3 wood 3 planks and 5 gold

Armor:

Cloth armor-Basic protection made out of 3 cloth and 2 reeds

Reinforced cloth armor- better protection made out of 4 cloth 3 reeds and 1 copper

Copper armor-Good protection made out of 4 copper and 2 cloth

Pharaoh armor-Best protection made out of 4 gold 3 copper

I thank that most of your ware costs don't fit into the game at all.

For example, in Widelands exists no weapon which costs more than 1 plank, and normally a ware costs 1 gold maximum, with only one exception. And no armor costs more than one cloth.

At the other hand, costs of "Wooden spear" are acceptable, and the idea to use some reed for armor as well.

Nordfriese wrote:

hessenfarmer wrote:

So the second carrier could be human as well (which means egyptians don't need a second carrier breeding)

Interesting idea face-smile.png

But if the second carriers are humans, why don't do other tribes the same? Or should this be an advantage for egyptians?

regarding soldier training we need to decide whether to go for the no attack training route, which would made an interesting tribe. or the chariot route.

I´d vote for no attack training, mainly because I don´t see how chariots could fit in with 1-second-attacks. But it´s TheHunter´s choice of course face-smile.png

I dislike both ideas. With low attack, battles will last too long, and chariots as warriors don't fit into Widelands.

in both of them we won't need any advanced spears. just basic ones for barracks. Copper will be no great use as ir behaves the same as iron so although historically incorrect we could stay with iron instead of copper.

I agree copper could be dismissed. Barbarian "bronze" is made from iron and gold, so not everything needs to be completely correct…

Barbarian bronze is probably just a mistake. But I don't think that it's a problem if egyptians of Widelands use iron instead of copper.

Nordfriese wrote:

You decide what you implement face-smile.png

He does, but he doesn't decide alone what will be part of the official game.

You already have a great concept for egyptians, and you shouldn´t create a completely different tribe instead unless you really want to.

• Hardened shield

• Golden shield

i think we should have golden armor and hardened armor.I already wrote my idea of shields but im not sure which type of shields should we have

Most tribes have 10 steps of training (atlanteans have 9). 2 defence steps (shield) and 2 health steps (armour) are a bit few, as this would make at least 5 steps of evade.

How about:

• Basic equipment: Armor + Spear

• Defence: Wooden Shield, Iron Shield, Reinforced Shield, Golden Shield

• Health: Studded Armor, Golden Armor, Impenetrable Armor

Total training: 3 Health / 0 Attack / 4 Defense / 3 Evade

I don't like the name "Impenetrable Armor", probably no Armor is like that. And normally only the highest armor/helmet contains gold...

TheHunter wrote:

I have decided that second carrier will be Horse.

Atlanteans already have got Horses. So what about something else?

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote