Latest Posts

Topic: No replays available / problem with fullscreen toggle

fuchur

Topic Opener
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2018-05-31, 18:07

A few minutes ago I wanted to have a look at a replay from one of the campaign games I played recently, but there are none available. Do I have to enable the creation of replays somewhere in the options? But I don't see anything related there. Compress widelands data files is set. And according to the comment in parentheses this also affects replays.

Could it be that it is a problem I used the --homedir command line switch to have settings, save games and so on in a separate folder? I did that because I installed build 8670 in parallel to build 19 and didn't want to mess with the data folder and settings. The replays folder is there but it's empty.

While I investigated the options I wanted to search for the replays with Windows Explorer. But as I used the f key to switch to window mode I only got a black screen. Pressing Esc afterwards endend Widelands and I got back to the desktop. The next time Widelands started in window mode, so it remembered the changed setting. Switching back to fullscreen works. Maybe that's due to my old PC and graphics chip (onboard Radeon HD 4200). Btw. I have Windows 7 running in classic theme.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-05-31, 18:34

It's just normal that replays of scenarios don't exist...

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-05-31, 19:39

I think the reason is that the replay function can't handle the scenario story boxes, so the replay writing is switched off for them.

I'll see about reproducing the fullscreen problem. Was that on the replays menu?

Edited: 2018-05-31, 19:42

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
fuchur

Topic Opener
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2018-05-31, 22:21

Thanks WorldSaviour and GunChleoc for the hint with the replays. I think I never tried to watch a replay of a scenario before.

GunChleoc wrote:

I'll see about reproducing the fullscreen problem. Was that on the replays menu?

The problem is anywhere. It's not that Widelands crashes, it just doesn't switch correctly from fullscreen to window mode.

I tried again in a running game. When I start in window mode and switch to fullscreen, that works. Now I want to go back to window mode by pressing f, but all I can see is a black screen. The game is running and I can hear the sounds. Pressing f again and I'm back in a working fullscreen mode.

When I am in one of the menus it's the same. The only difference is that there I can exit Widelands by pressing Esc.

That was with build 8670, but it's more or less the same with build 19. And it doesn't matter if I use the f key or uncheck the fullscreen checkbox in the options menu and klick ok afterwards.

I assume that it's maybe related to my hardware or graphics driver. Otherwise more people would have been reporting problems like that.

Is there a possibility to have debug output with windows builds? But I guess the chance that one could find something there is quite low.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-06-01, 01:32

You're welcome face-smile.png

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-06-01, 09:52

I can't reproduce this on either of my graphics cards, so it must be a driver issue indeed. There might be some info in the stdout.txt in the game installation folder.

I have filed a new bug for creating keyboard shortcuts: https://bugs.launchpad.net/widelands/+bug/1774596

Edited: 2018-06-01, 09:54

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
fuchur

Topic Opener
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2018-06-04, 22:08

GunChleoc wrote:

I can't reproduce this on either of my graphics cards, so it must be a driver issue indeed. There might be some info in the stdout.txt in the game installation folder.

I renamed the old stdout.txt file so a new one was created. Then I started Widelands and tried to switch from fullscreen to window using the f key. But there is nothing related in the output. Nevertheless below is what is in the stdout.txt.

This is Widelands Version bzr8670[trunk] (Release)
Adding home directory: c:\winprogs\Widelands-8670\wlsettings
Set home directory: c:\winprogs\Widelands-8670\wlsettings
Widelands executable directory: C:\winprogs\Widelands-8670
Adding directory: C:\winprogs\Widelands-8670\data
selected language: en
Graphics: Try to set Videomode 1152x864
Graphics: OpenGL: Version "2.1.9017"
Graphics: SDL_GL_RED_SIZE is 8
Graphics: SDL_GL_GREEN_SIZE is 8
Graphics: SDL_GL_BLUE_SIZE is 8
Graphics: SDL_GL_ALPHA_SIZE is 8
Graphics: SDL_GL_BUFFER_SIZE is 32
Graphics: SDL_GL_DOUBLEBUFFER is 1
Graphics: SDL_GL_DEPTH_SIZE is 24
Graphics: SDL_GL_STENCIL_SIZE is 8
Graphics: SDL_GL_ACCUM_RED_SIZE is 0
Graphics: SDL_GL_ACCUM_GREEN_SIZE is 0
Graphics: SDL_GL_ACCUM_BLUE_SIZE is 0
Graphics: SDL_GL_ACCUM_ALPHA_SIZE is 0
Graphics: SDL_GL_STEREO is 0
Graphics: SDL_GL_MULTISAMPLEBUFFERS is 0
Graphics: SDL_GL_MULTISAMPLESAMPLES is 0
Graphics: SDL_GL_ACCELERATED_VISUAL is 1
Graphics: SDL_GL_CONTEXT_MAJOR_VERSION is 2
Graphics: SDL_GL_CONTEXT_MINOR_VERSION is 1
Graphics: SDL_GL_CONTEXT_FLAGS is 0
Graphics: SDL_GL_CONTEXT_PROFILE_MASK is 2
Graphics: SDL_GL_SHARE_WITH_CURRENT_CONTEXT is 0
Graphics: SDL_GL_FRAMEBUFFER_SRGB_CAPABLE is 0
Graphics: OpenGL: Double buffering enabled
Graphics: OpenGL: Max texture size: 8192
Graphics: OpenGL: ShadingLanguage: "1.40"
**** GRAPHICS REPORT ****
 VIDEO DRIVER windows
 pixel fmt 370546692
 size 1920 1080
**** END GRAPHICS REPORT ****
**** SOUND REPORT ****
SDL version: 2.0.8
SDL_mixer version: 2.0.2
**** END SOUND REPORT ****
SoundHandler: songset "intro" does not exist!
SoundHandler: songset "menu" does not exist!
SoundHandler closing times 1, freq 22050, format 32784, chan 2
SDL_AUDIODRIVER wasapi

I have filed a new bug for creating keyboard shortcuts: https://bugs.launchpad.net/widelands/+bug/1774596

I don't think this will help with my specific problem as I guess I still wouldn't see anything but a black screen. But I could leave the current game with ESC. Of course without being able to save the latest changes since the last autosave file.

Anyway, now that I know that I can switch back to fullscreen mode by pressing the f key again there is no real problem. Maybe these shortcuts will be of use in other situations. Thanks for your help.

Top Quote