Currently Online

Latest Posts

Topic: Frisian Balancing

GunChleoc
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-08-05, 10:45

Can you please open a bug report on this?

Lua sort of loads them in alphabetical order, but it's not guaranteed in the specification of the programming language, so we shouldn't rely on it. Checks should be shifted to Tribes::postload.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-08-05, 12:08

I am not sure whether this was a lua problem as the exception was thrown in productionsite.cc (loine 206) and for me it seemed the sorting is done there.
however loading of the tribes should be improved after b20 cause it takes much longer now due to the frisians. Perhaps it would be good just to load the tribes used in the game / map rather than loading always all of them.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-08-05, 17:48

Nordfriese wrote: A radius increase of 1 provides 18 extra fields that might be suited for farming, which is a small advantage on maps with enough space and a compensation for this disadvantage in limited areas.

Actually current frisian farms are good at bad terrain, because a lot of space around a farm is useless anywhere there.

And a radius increase of 1 would also have a disadvantage: The farm would work slower again and block even more space.

hessenfarmer wrote:

Ok I discovered a hidden feature. In fact it was a matter of declaration order. The inner programs have to be declared first. It was just a definition issue of what is first and what is last. So after a lot of trials I found out that the programs are ordered by their name so I just added a "a_" before the name of the inner programs and it worked.

That sounds really hard to discover. It's good that you could solve the problem...

So now it should work.

I tested the crystal mine a bit, it works fine

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-08-05, 18:09

Tinker wrote: I can play 20 hour games with just two farms producing a linear increase in soldier power.

It might be linear, but very low

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-08-06, 10:39

hessenfarmer wrote:

I am not sure whether this was a lua problem as the exception was thrown in productionsite.cc (loine 206) and for me it seemed the sorting is done there.

It just loads one after the other, and then does the checks internally while parsing each program.

however loading of the tribes should be improved after b20 cause it takes much longer now due to the frisians. Perhaps it would be good just to load the tribes used in the game / map rather than loading always all of them.

Agreed - we will need some additional foo though for scenario scripting I guess.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-08-13, 08:50

Branch which fixes the mines is ready for review again.
I am playtesting the Maps Nordfriese has indicated. Archipielago Sea is indeed very difficult but I am not sure whether a bigger radius could solve the issue.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-08-13, 10:35

hessenfarmer wrote:

Branch which fixes the mines is ready for review again.
I am playtesting the Maps Nordfriese has indicated. Archipielago Sea is indeed very difficult but I am not sure whether a bigger radius could solve the issue.

Maybe one should give barley the same rights as wheat (allowing some (?) water triangles around it).

On Archipelago Sea, a bigger radius would not be that useful indeed.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-08-13, 10:55

And by the way, what about changing the claypit's "return=skipped unless economy needs clay or site has water" to "return=skipped unless economy needs clay or economy needs fish" ?

Top Quote
stonerl
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2018-08-13, 12:21

WorldSavior wrote:

And by the way, what about changing the claypit's "return=skipped unless economy needs clay or site has water" to "return=skipped unless economy needs clay or economy needs fish" ?

Why fish?

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-08-13, 12:38

stonerl wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

Why fish?

Because fish-producing aqua farms need a claypit nearby which will not stop working forever.

The current implementation is like a bug, because economy settings of clay are not working anymore while they are still existing.

Top Quote