Latest Posts

Topic: game broken after first launch :-]

McVitas
Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2017-10-31, 14:58

Hello, just installed Widelands but already broke it. I set 4K resolution full screen and now the screen is black. Only every few seconds the image flashes and I can see the UI for split second. How do I reset the settings without reinstalling the game? I did not find any cfg file or related registry entries (os windows)

PS. what is the purpose of the IRC channel?! I have asked this question there, but everybody ignores me! I wonder why the people are logged in there if they never check it?

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-10-31, 15:37

Hi McVitas and welcome to the forums face-smile.png

The config file on windows could may be found in the directory C:\Users\<username>\.widelands (note the period in front of .widelands. It's configuration file is called "config". In there you could change the line:

fullscreen="true"

to

fullscreen="false"

Regarding IRC: The people may have not known the answer, or they are busy with other things.

Can you try starting widelands from the command line and provide the output until "End graphics report" here? Thanks face-smile.png

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
McVitas
Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2017-10-31, 17:28

Hello, thanks for answering (not thanking the ignorants on IRC though...) It is interesting but maybe it was just a temporary computer glitch, because now it works. In 4K and fullscreen :) Another question: is it possible to tune the game colours somehow? To make it a bit brighter for example.

Top Quote
Tibor

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-10-31, 17:36

McVitas wrote:

PS. what is the purpose of the IRC channel?! I have asked this question there, but everybody ignores me! I wonder why the people are logged in there if they never check it?

The same experience here. Just use this forum.

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-10-31, 18:00

McVitas wrote:

It is interesting but maybe it was just a temporary computer glitch, because now it works. In 4K and fullscreen face-smile.png

I am glad that it is working now. Have fun playing widelands face-smile.png

Another question: is it possible to tune the game colours somehow? To make it a bit brighter for example.

AFAIK not. You ma have to adjust your display settings, but normally the brightness fit's well.

IRC has his own rules... People might answer, or answers not. Anyway one has to be patient and can't expect immediately answers, although many people are online. It's not a matter of ignorance. If nobody knows the answer, nobody will answer. Just because an answer saying "Sorry, i don't know" wouldn't help you face-wink.png

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-11-01, 15:11

We don't often have developers hanging out at the IRC these days. I try to remember to switch it on, but I tend to go AFK tor switch computers and forget...

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote