Latest Posts

Topic: Range button for construction sites

Astuur
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2009-03-21, 08:23

Since the geologists' markings are only visible for a short while, I often place mines while they are visible, but do not yet connect them. When you go on with a mountain's exploration, it would be helpful to see the range of these construction sites in order not to overlap them with the new ones you are about to setup. It is similar, but less important with some other building.

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
madtumat

Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2009-03-24, 17:56

I do the same thing. I also rewrote my conf files for "long mining tunnels" to make playing the game more efficient in one of my builds. I do not need to worry as much about resource boundaries as a result. I also require an occaisional input of more resources to build said tunnels. I'm not sure how well this will work in the latest SVNs as some older conf scripts no longer work.

Top Quote
sigra

Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2009-03-24, 20:55

I have plans to rewrite the resource handling (had a partial patch 2 years ago but other things came between). Geologists should not place signs that everyone can see, but just store the information in the player's geosurvey database. This should be visible on the map, just like buildhelp symbols (while those are toggled with SPACE, geosurvey information should be toggleable with another key, such as TAB).

I added a feature request for a workarea button for constructionsites: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2710476&group_id=40163&atid=427224

Edited: 2009-03-24, 22:45

Top Quote