Latest Posts

Topic: Trouble making Strong Beer

kyeohti

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2010-01-14, 07:32

Hey Gang,

Besides lots of wheat and water plus a brewery with a brewer, is there something else needed to make strong beer?  I have three breweries and about seven micro breweries in my session.  The micro breweries are pumping out beer fine but the bigger breweries are stocked with wheat and water yet don't produce.  Each brewery has a brewer occupying it and I thin my economy is pretty strong.  I have a battle arena waiting on nothing but strong beer and a couple big inns that could use some too.  Still, nothing.  After almost an hour, not a single strong beer is made.
 It took me a long time to figure out that inns wouldn't make meals without cooking tools.  Is there some hitch like that for strong beer?  Some economy requirement?  It seems like I made strong beer in previous sessions but can't figure what was different.

Thanks,

Kyeohti

Top Quote
Spiceskull

Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2010-01-14, 11:27

Click on one of your big breweries, and check what inputs are needed. Also raise the priority for all inputs to top priority. That may work for you.

Top Quote
QCS

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2010-01-14, 13:12

Do/did your big breweries produce at all? I can't look at the sources at the moment, but I'd thinkt that the brewery needs a master brewer or something, so there may be a job vacant? Check the list of people in the breweries. Or at least the brewery needs two "normal" brewers, but only one is available.

Something like that I'd suggest.

CMake is evil.

Top Quote
avengingwatcher

Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2010-05-29, 08:24

Just to sum up previous comments for clarity, to make strong beer you will need at least a master brewer trained and the microbrewery upgraded to a full brewery. Do not upgrade until your brewer has become a master brewer. Aside from that the resources needed will show up when you click on the building.

Top Quote