Latest Posts

Topic: game scheduling module

kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-09-26, 23:14

I have updated the branch to use lightbox2 instead of fancybox. It took me an half an hour for the exchange face-wink.png

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-11-27, 13:16

An other, additional idea:

What about having something similar to the 'Currently Online' box on the right, which shows players waiting in the Lobby? We have already some thing similar in the IRC channel #widelands, but since IRC isn't used by many players of widelands, having it here on the website is may be better. Don't know where to put such info though...

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-11-27, 20:17

I think that's a great idea. It should go in the sidebar.

Maybe a very simple statistics, e.g. X players in the lobby, Y active games?

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-11-27, 22:50

I think there is a need of some clean up... e.g.

LoginBox
It would be enough to have a link Login/Register. After Login this could be changed into 'Username (1)' which means 'Link to own profile (number of new messages)'. The profile page itself would then be a tabbed page with tabs 'Profile | Edit Profile | Messages | Notification settings'. An idea that grows over time....

Having a minified Loginbox gives more space for other things. E.g. the Donate button and the social media buttons. And then we have more space for other things in the sidebar...

Top Quote
trimard
Topic Opener
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2017-12-01, 17:43

What about having something similar to the 'Currently Online' box on the right, which shows players waiting in the Lobby? We have already some thing similar in the IRC channel #widelands, but since IRC isn't used by many players of widelands, having it here on the website is may be better.

+1, it could be easily implemented in the scheduling module. Like somewhere on the top of the page. But something more accessible might motivate more players indeed.

LoginBox It would be enough to have a link Login/Register. After Login this could be changed into 'Username (1)' which means 'Link to own profile (number of new messages)'. The profile page itself would then be a tabbed page with tabs 'Profile | >Edit Profile | Messages | Notification settings'. An idea that grows over time....

Having a minified Loginbox gives more space for other things. E.g. the Donate button and the social media buttons. And then we have more space for other things in the sidebar...

Yes, definitely, good trick. And that would actually benefit the responsive design in a sense. as the content is a bit too big to fit in a phone menu.

Yes! What about we combine the two? It only shows these stats and if you hover the numbers you see who exactly is online?

edit: My exams end in two weeks, I'll have more time then face-smile.png face-smile.png

Edited: 2017-12-01, 17:44

Top Quote
trimard
Topic Opener
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2017-12-22, 16:31

So, the new datepicker is working great. It's simpler on a few aspect and css is less complicated. I like it!

However it lack any multidate selection. Is it possible that I add a small plugin like this one? http://dubrox.github.io/Multiple-Dates-Picker-for-jQuery-UI/

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-12-22, 23:25

trimard wrote:

So, the new datepicker is working great. It's simpler on a few aspect and css is less complicated. I like it!

However it lack any multidate selection. Is it possible that I add a small plugin like this one? http://dubrox.github.io/Multiple-Dates-Picker-for-jQuery-UI/

If you need it, why not?

GunChleoc wrote:

Showing 'Y active games' is useless, IMHO. Nobody want's to know that if one couldn't join an already active game. 'y games awaits players' would more interesting.

Top Quote
trimard
Topic Opener
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2018-02-04, 23:02

Now I think it's actually functional, and maybe appropriately integrated? (thanks to you guys)

So a I'm wondering a lot on what is the priority now?

• Adding more graphics for a more widelandish experience (soldiers in the scheduling menu, more roman number in calendar and hour chooser)

• Adding an ELO-like system?

• Adding icons or graphics to indicate which type of game a player wants to play?

• Adding a system to ask for a game? A special type of message which precise the type of game the player wants to play? Also i t would allow to "reserve slots" so that not everybody receive 10 messages for people wanting to play

• Actually test the thing

Also another question: should the sheduling part be in the main menu? And should it be hidden for the non members?

edit:

What about having something similar to the 'Currently Online' box on the right, which shows players waiting in the Lobby?

I 'm thinking, why couldn't we put the sheduling link here rather than the menu? So you would have something like this

• x players ready for a game in the next hour // y games being played now (if it's kept)

• show active players (same page as the find page but with some filters)

• schedule a game

• show all players planning

Edited: 2018-02-04, 23:10

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-02-05, 09:25

I think we should integrate your amazing work as soon as possible, and then see how often this will be used by the community, before spending more work on it.

trimard wrote:

Also another question: should the sheduling part be in the main menu?

See below

And should it be hidden for the non members?

Just my own meaning: I don't want that every visitor can see my possible free time (the time i have scheduled for gaming). Theoretical someone can write a small script to read the schedule time of each user regularly and make statistics out of it if the available times are public. So i'd vote for 'show only to logged in members'. This would not totally prevent my fear, but would be a small drawback for bad people.

edit:

What about having something similar to the 'Currently Online' box on the right, which shows players waiting in the Lobby?

I 'm thinking, why couldn't we put the sheduling link here rather than the menu? So you would have something like this

Since implementing such a box may take some time, probably better put it in the loginbox now. And then show only for logged in users.

Top Quote
trimard
Topic Opener
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2018-02-09, 17:47

kaputtnik wrote:

I think we should integrate your amazing work as soon as possible, and then see how often this will be used by the community, before spending more work on it.

trimard wrote:

Also another question: should the sheduling part be in the main menu?

See below

And should it be hidden for the non members?

Just my own meaning: I don't want that every visitor can see my possible free time (the time i have scheduled for gaming). Theoretical someone can write a small script to read the schedule time of each user regularly and make statistics out of it if the available times are public. So i'd vote for 'show only to logged in members'. This would not totally prevent my fear, but would be a small drawback for bad people.

edit:

Since implementing such a box may take some time, probably better put it in the loginbox now. And then show only for logged in users.

So like this? https://i.imgur.com/Oa68uw9.png

Ready for test when you want! Sorry, really for late answers, but my planning is complex face-tongue.png

edit: didn't see your launchpad comments before. Here is your proposition done: https://i.imgur.com/MriRmtL.png

Edited: 2018-02-09, 18:01

Top Quote