Latest Posts

Topic: Widelands tournament 2017: subscriptions started!

teppo

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2017-09-15, 18:26

king_of_nowhere wrote:

If trimard had contested the result on the ground of use of that bug, I would have called for a remake of the game. I don't know what teppo would have thought about it, as he has the power to overrule me.

I do not see a conflict of interest between King_of_nowhere the player and King_of_nowhere as organizer here.

That being said, I like the revised addition more than the initial sketch.

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-09-15, 19:37

teppo wrote:

I do not see a conflict of interest between King_of_nowhere the player and King_of_nowhere as organizer here.

That being said, I like the revised addition more than the initial sketch.

Actually, as worldsavior is my most direct opponent in the tournament, I would have every interest at ruling against him.

I've played only a couple times since the last tournament, and I don't have anymore the time and will to try as hard as I did in the past. I don't think I have good chances of beating him otherwise.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-09-15, 19:55

I hope everybody's having fun face-smile.png

My online time is very limited this month, so I'm investing it in code reviews to help keep the development going.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
einstein13
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-09-15, 23:09

From my side, I would vote for prohibiting the portspace bug/feature IN THE FUTURE. Previous game should be valid. The law should not work to the past.

einstein13
calculations & maps packages: http://wuatek.no-ip.org/~rak/widelands/
backup website files: http://kartezjusz.ddns.net/upload/widelands/

Top Quote
trimard
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2017-09-16, 07:59

If trimard had contested the result on the ground of use of that bug, I would have called for a remake of the game.

Yes, I definitely won't contest that game. I lost because I screwed up my build. Indeed, if I had attained the port, maybe the discussion would have been different. And it wasn't a problem for iron, but more for gold on that map!

Top Quote
teppo

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2017-09-16, 09:48

From my side, I would vote for prohibiting the portspace bug/feature IN THE FUTURE. Previous game should be valid. The law should not work to the past.

In the map "Together we are strong", there are only two port spaces in the other island. Nasenbaer most likely was OK with the idea that one player blocks the other from accessing the other island.

If there were few (five, for example), the problem with blocking them cheaper than planned would be worse. If many people find the current situation disturbing, then perhaps we should, in addition to fixing the "bug", also see that the bundled maps have enough port spaces on remote islands to make the "unfair" blocking more expensive in time and resources.

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-09-16, 11:20

teppo wrote:

In the map "Together we are strong", there are only two port spaces in the other island. Nasenbaer most likely was OK with the idea that one player blocks the other from accessing the other island.

If there were few (five, for example), the problem with blocking them cheaper than planned would be worse. If many people find the current situation disturbing, then perhaps we should, in addition to fixing the "bug", also see that the bundled maps have enough port spaces on remote islands to make the "unfair" blocking more expensive in time and resources.

But you need gold to make ports, and in that map you only find gold far from your ports. So you only have the resources to make one port with an expedition, and you run out of gold afterwards. The map is made so that normally both players get a chance at making a port.

And since nothing changed in the last few days, I officially change the turn

EDIT: By the way, I have not congratulated worldsavior for managing to launch an expedition in 15 minutes. It was previously tought impossible. In the 2015 tournament, in the crossing the horizon map, nobody managed it.

One player retired, turn changed

Dershrimp left the tournament. Because of that, I'm putting a forfait in his place, and I'm changing the turn so that the forfait goes against gunchleoc, who would be unable to pay anyway, so that everybody else can have an opponent. new turn is out

Edited: 2017-09-16, 11:26

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-09-16, 11:38

By the way, I ask here in case it's just my problem, before opening a bug report.

I tried to look at the einstein-mars game using version 8400, the only one I have that can open that game. The game opens just fine, but then it pauses. I unpause it, and it pauses again. I have to keep pressing pag up all the time, and then it varies between x3 and paused. It's basically like I was pressing pag down alll the time. Am I the only one with that problem?

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-09-16, 12:03

king_of_nowhere wrote:

I tried to look at the einstein-mars game using version 8400, the only one I have that can open that game. The game opens just fine, but then it pauses. I unpause it, and it pauses again.

If you are in the replay screen there is a section "Widelands Version" on the right. There the string "bzr8442[trunk]" for that replay shown. So version 8400 is too old.

With version 8451 the replay works as expected here. It does not pause.

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-09-17, 11:11

Me and nemesis will play tuesday at 20 CEST

Top Quote