Latest Posts

Topic: Widelands tournament 2017: subscriptions started!

tando
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2017-11-29, 20:23

Thanks to kaputtnik for the great game!

He won the game !

Edited: 2017-11-29, 20:23

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-11-30, 20:24

king_of_nowhere wrote:

So, if anyone here thinks I am having a bad attitude, I am not putting much effort into making the tournament working well, and as a result of me shirking my duties I am annoying other players, feel free to say so, and I will take a penalty. I doubt anyone can seriously claim fault in my behavior.

That said, I absolutely do not like worldsavior's rule-lawyering attitude. It is the kind of thing that creates needless hassle for everyone involved - which is especially bad since everyone here is volunteering to work and having to answer or judge his accusations is a drain on everyone's already scarce free time. Especially apalling is his thirst to win with every mean. Trying to get me penalized so he'd win regardless of the game?

There is no reason for thinking that I'm doing this

Trying to force an early game so I won't be able to prepare?

It doesn't seem to be the case that you don't have time to prepare

Offering a draw to anyone who might play with him because that's enough for him to win? REALLY?

I've got this idea from you. You mentioned it during the last tournament, but you didn't judge it negatively:

king_of_nowhere wrote: My opponent will be the highest ranked of those against whom I haven't played yet, which at this point is mathematically worldsavior. If I don't lose, I win the tournament (in chess tournaments, the leading player at this point generally offers a draw...). If I lose, me, worldsavior and whoever else will be at 4 points will play phase 2. I am almost tempted to give forfait just to play on archipelago sea face-smile.png

It's interesting that you judge it negatively now only because of me...

I could understand that kind of behavior if there was money involved as a prize. Here we are battling for nothing but honor, and where is the honor in that? If I were in his place, I would tell my opponent to take all the time he needs so he can prepare and we can get an epic fight, which - regardless of the result - is much more honorable than trying to use somebody's real life against him. Just as I tried, since first I figured out those strategies back in 2015, to teach them to the community as a whole so that they could progress and challenge me.

I don't try to do use anyones real life against him

You've given me far, far more problems with organization than all the other players put together.

Not really: Without my help, this tournament would probably not even exist. If I wouldn't have convinced Hasi to participate, and if I wouldn't have signed up myself, probably no one else would have done it. So there would have been only 10 players - not enough for a tournament, according to you - so there would have been no tournament - for the second time in a row.

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-12-01, 14:03

WorldSavior wrote:

Not really: Without my help, this tournament would probably not even exist. If I wouldn't have convinced Hasi to participate, and if I wouldn't have signed up myself, probably no one else would have done it. So there would have been only 10 players - not enough for a tournament, according to you - so there would have been no tournament - for the second time in a row.

your positive contribution was acknowledged, and I expressed appreciation for it more than once.

Aside from that, though, you complained about pretty much everything I did, from the way I dealt with gunchleoc's absence to the fine points of the schedule. And you didn't just offer suggestions; you argued aggressively and in-depth, forcing me to spend literally hours to reply. Hours I don't have anymore since I started working. The tone especially wasn't appropriate; I don't know if you are aware, but you have a way of stating your opinion in your posts that make it look like everyone is up to no good or incompetent. If your replies had been less confrontational and more diplomatic I would have found them much less annoying.

Top Quote
Hasi50
Version: 1.2 (selfcompiled master etc)
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2017-12-02, 10:21

Yesterday I played against Trimard and lost.

We played on trunk with some Versions below bzr8520[trunk]. The games was totally stable, It took some time for all participats to build or install trunk, though. We had no desyncs os crashes, trimard actually had his first look at R20. We both played Altanters. We had Gun as Vistor and someone else (lets say L, I forgot that name) who actually joined me as red player.

As of some training I wanted to setup some moderate defense only and try to occupy as much of the Map to get a thriving ecomony. Trimard played a "hit first" tactic, he raised a high tower near to my border. and managed to breed some soldiers with two point in defense, he did not even build a barrack.

Meanwhile L tried to help me and this way confused me a bit by raising Buildings on his own and changing settings and such. I do not think this has changed the outcome of the game in the end. Once I asked him to stop the second tme, he dropped out. Gun, you may judge. In any case, next time I would restart such a Game immediately, OTOH its not eays to find out if that coplayer does not chat or such.

Improvement: Add some Info to the replay and to the inital messages about the involved players and theire colors/roles, including visitors.

You can find the replay at https://www.magentacloud.de/share/tu4ayusx.k

Thanks trimard, I learned that even Atantlers can play Barbaric tacticts.

Here are the widelands where people may dwell, walking around care that evrythings well.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-12-02, 11:23

I did ask you during the game if you wanted to restart and you both agreed to continue playing. So, the game's outcome is valid.

We should set up another game sometime with Collectors, to see if that will make things crash again.

Edited: 2017-12-02, 11:24

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-12-02, 11:34

it is irregular to play in two, but both players continued and it had minimal influence on the game, so I'd say it is ok.

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-12-02, 11:58

I would like to update the table (https://wl.widelands.org/forum/topic/2912/?page=1#post-21254) but there are some games where I'm missing the tribes, and I can't see all the replays. So please the involved players should tell me the tribes they were using in the following games

• animohim - trimard, 4th round
  • einstein - LAZA, 4th round
  • nemesis - tando, 4th round
  • LAZA - trimard, 5th round
  • mars - nemesis, 6th round

Thank you

Edited: 2017-12-02, 11:58

Top Quote
trimard
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2017-12-02, 14:21

king_of_nowhere wrote:

I would like to update the table (https://wl.widelands.org/forum/topic/2912/?page=1#post-21254) but there are some games where I'm missing the tribes, and I can't see all the replays. So please the involved players should tell me the tribes they were using in the following games

Thank you

face-shock.png This is problematic, you didn't received the replay I sent you with a google drive link? Want me to host them somewhere else?

As for the tribe, I only play atlanteans.

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-12-02, 14:59

trimard wrote:

king_of_nowhere wrote:

Thank you

face-shock.png This is problematic, you didn't received the replay I sent you with a google drive link? Want me to host them somewhere else?

As for the tribe, I only play atlanteans.

I did receive them, but I can't open replays that were not made using build 19. Evven if I download the latest build, some of those replays may still not be compatible.

Also, I admit to being lazy. I could try which replays open and which don't, and only ask the ones I can't open. But it takes less time for you guys to answer this than for me to unzip all my tournament replays and try them one at a time face-smile.png

Top Quote
tando
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2017-12-02, 16:17

Round 4

nemesis: ? - tando: Babaren

Top Quote