Latest Posts

Topic: RSS feed broken?

Venatrix
Joined: 2010-10-05, 20:31
Posts: 445
Ranking
Tribe Member
Location: Germany
Posted at: 2017-02-08, 23:34

Hi guys, I got a problem with the RSS feed of the forum. The last time I got news about posts was Feb 2nd around 12:30 CET. Did anything change then?

What I find most curious about it, is that though the feed validator tells me it’s a correct feed, the feed address http://wl.widelands.org/forum/feeds/posts/ forwards me to https://www.sirver.net/forum/feeds/posts/, which seems to be SirVer’s personal blog.

Am I the only one with that problem? Am I the only one using the RSS feed?


Two is the oddest prime.

Top Quote
SirVer
Joined: 2009-02-19, 15:18
Posts: 1438
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: Germany - Munich
Posted at: 2017-02-09, 07:24

The RSS feeds are working and have been for the past few days. However there were a few hours last week where the homepage was down and our webserver indeed did redirect to my private site. I guess this is what happened: your RSS reader tried to read the feed at this point in time, saw the redirect and decided to cache it forever. Now it never checks the old location again.

If feasible, clear its cache. Maybe it also helps to delete the feed and add it back.


Top Quote
kaputtnik
Avatar
Joined: 2013-02-18, 20:48
Posts: 1523
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: Germany
Posted at: 2017-02-09, 08:40

Venatrix wrote:

Am I the only one with that problem? Am I the only one using the RSS feed?

I do not use them, but there is at least one bot who uses them for the german IRC-Channel.

Edit: I have deleted the double topic. Please be patient when creating a new topic. If you think it takes too long when creating a new topic, just open the website in another tab.

Edited: 2017-02-09, 08:53
Top Quote
Venatrix
Joined: 2010-10-05, 20:31
Posts: 445
Ranking
Tribe Member
Location: Germany
Posted at: 2017-02-09, 12:41

kaputtnik wrote:

Edit: I have deleted the double topic. Please be patient when creating a new topic. If you think it takes too long when creating a new topic, just open the website in another tab.

Yes, sorry, I saw at the sidebar that it already was posted after I hit send again… And thanks for deleting.

@SirVer: Will do, thanks for clarification.

Edit: Changing the URL to www.widelands.org/… did the trick.

Edited: 2017-02-09, 12:44

Two is the oddest prime.

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Avatar
Joined: 2013-02-18, 20:48
Posts: 1523
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: Germany
Posted at: 2017-02-09, 21:30

Venatrix wrote:

kaputtnik wrote:

Edit: I have deleted the double topic. Please be patient when creating a new topic. If you think it takes too long when creating a new topic, just open the website in another tab.

Yes, sorry, I saw at the sidebar that it already was posted after I hit send again… And thanks for deleting.

You didn't have to say 'sorry' face-wink.png I'ts on our side to fix this. I have created a bug report

Glad that your RSS feeds are working again face-smile.png


Top Quote