Latest Posts

Topic: Bugs

WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-02-23, 23:53

Ah, okay, thanks. You just confused me a lot because my suggestion contains already a granite check. A very reasonable granite check...

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-02-24, 08:49

Yes it did. I just decided to go with a minimal change instead for now. I am merging the branch, so if you grab a new build tomorrow, you can see how it performs in-game.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-02-24, 17:38

Well, testing might be superfluous.

Atlantean miner #1: "Guys, our buddies have already got tons of quartz and diamonds in stock, but they need granite - very urgently - for some smelting works, smokeries and castles!"

Atlantean miner #2: "Ok, let's search for quartz first."

Atlantean miner #3: "And afterwards we are searching for diamonds!"

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-02-25, 11:39

If we think like that, all stone production would be changed to produce only the 2 type of ware that is needed. They weren't designed that way though - you always get some other types of stone in the mix.

I expect that this design is on purpose, so I'm hesitant to rip it out.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-02-25, 15:21

Do you mean "onle the 1 type" or is my english to bad to understand you? face-wink.png

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-02-25, 18:53

Sorry - typo. I meant 1.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-02-26, 13:12

No problem

GunChleoc wrote:

If we think like that, all stone production would be changed to produce only the 2 type of ware that is needed. They weren't designed that way though - you always get some other types of stone in the mix.

I expect that this design is on purpose, so I'm hesitant to rip it out.

I'm not sure about that. Normally economy settings stop the production of certain wares...

Well, Atlanteans would become slightly stronger. But I told already how the empire could become stronger, too.

And barbarians could get new features, for example:

• requesting-an-ox-button on roads (an ox will go to the road as soon as possible)

• button for micro breweries which could switch on/off a new mode. In this mode, master brewers would be kicked out automatically of the building. (Brewers and master brewers don't cost tools, but you have to train new master brewers sometimes. Currently, that requires some micro-management). That works also for breweries. If I see a brewerie with two master brewers, I usually kick out the first one (then a new brewer will go there).

• Allowing to build every building directly. For example, it's unnecessarily complicated to build a new weaponsmithy: You build a toolsmithy, open the window of the construction side. When it's ready, you jump to it, upgrade the building, open the window of the construction side, jump back to your current location at the map. When it's ready, you jump to it, upgrade the building, open the window of the construction side, jump back to your current location at the map. Then you can start to use the weaponsmithy. And maybe you always need to wait for a new carpenter. Not plausible, right?

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-02-26, 17:01
  1. Roads aren't clickable, so that will be difficult to implement
  2. Do we have a second for this change?
  3. We already have an alternative suggestion for that one, but I can't find the bug right now. The idea is to allow configuring of the future building in the construction site window, which would include the option for an automatic enhance.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-02-26, 17:58

WorldSavior wrote:

• Allowing to build every building directly. For example, it's unnecessarily complicated to build a new weaponsmithy: You build a toolsmithy, open the window of the construction side. When it's ready, you jump to it, upgrade the building, open the window of the construction side, jump back to your current location at the map. When it's ready, you jump to it, upgrade the building, open the window of the construction side, jump back to your current location at the map. Then you can start to use the weaponsmithy. And maybe you always need to wait for a new carpenter. Not plausible, right?

GunChleoc wrote:

1. We already have an alternative suggestion for that one, but I can't find the bug right now. The idea is to allow configuring of the future building in the construction site window, which would include the option for an automatic enhance.

I think this is the one: Possibility to set building options when building is under construction

Edited: 2017-02-26, 17:58

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-02-26, 18:12

Yes, that's the one.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote