Latest Posts

Topic: Bugs

dreieck
Version: -git
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2019-04-01, 12:33

kaputtnik wrote:

This bug is maybe related to the things dreieck described.

@dreieck: Do you have changed any priorities in the warehouses of the game?

What I did play around with: Stopping wares from beeing transported into a specific warehouse; making a specific warehouse the preferred sink for some workers (and maybe wares), putting everything out of a warehouse. If that is what you mean with "priorities", I have changed them.

(empty signature.)

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-04-01, 13:59

GunChleoc wrote:

I could not reproduce this on Ubuntu Bionic. Which Linux version are you running?

BTW I noticed that we don't build Ubuntu Disco for Build 19. I have triggered one, but there's no guarantee that it will work. stonerl did quite a lot of fiddling with CMake in trunk to get Disco to work properly.

The Ubuntu Disco build failed. I don't want to spend any time patching this up right now though because we're very close to Build 20.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-04-02, 01:21

GunChleoc wrote:

I could not reproduce this on Ubuntu Bionic. Which Linux version are you running?

Not sure if I should publish that, but I can send some PMs

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
Tribal-Chief
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2019-04-04, 12:45

With the possability that the new version might be relesed sometime this year I thought I would test the the tutorials still worked, if new players turn up they might possibly start there. I have a problem with the warfare tutorial 2. On start I get a ctd with the message in the console

Fatal exception: [../src/graphic/animation.cc:192] playercolor mask has wrong size: (84, 71), should be (97, 86) like the animation frame FATAL ERROR - game crashed. Attempting emergency save.

I can see no way of finding which animation is causing the error, all other tutorials and campaigns work ok which implies the animations are in fact ok and something is odd with the warfare.wmf.

Any ideads where to look for the error?

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-04-04, 13:26

That´s strange… this tutorial doesn´t have any scenario-specific tribe units, so it must be a problem with the datadir itself. I can´t reproduce this behaviour, the tutorial works fine for me.

Did you install the game over an older version of Widelands? If so, some leftover files may be causing trouble in your installation.

If you are using a debug build, you can run Widelands in gdb:

gdb ./widelands
break src/graphic/animation.cc:192
run
(...wait until the breakpoint is hit)
print filename.c_str()

And you´ll get an output like »$1 = 0x6060009673a0 "tribes/buildings/militarysites/barbarians/sentry/idle_00_pc.png"«

Edited: 2019-04-04, 13:27

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-04-04, 20:18

Very good idea to test the tutorials face-smile.png

Please indicate also the used version when running into problems.

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-04-05, 09:23

I cannot reproduce the graphics bug. I recently ran the graphics optimization scripts in preparation for the release, but that does not seem to be the problem. I have done a test run ensuring to call the line of code that's causing the issue for all animations and everything was OK. I have also played the warfare tutorial on bzr9036 without any problems.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
Tribal-Chief
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2019-04-05, 11:14

I was using bzr9035, looks like I need to install gdb. Running as kaputtnik suggests give this error

fatal exception: [../src/graphic/animation.cc:192] playercolor mask has wrong size: (84, 71), should be (97, 86) like the animation frame FATAL ERROR - game crashed. Attempting emergency save. Game: Writing Preload Data ... Thread 1 "widelands" received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault. 0x0000555555b2b38f in Widelands::GamePreloadPacket::write(FileSystem&, Widelands::Game&, Widelands::MapObjectSaver*) () then

No symbol "filename" in current context.

For this to be a datadir problem, would that not show in other games? As far as I cn tell it only appears in the warfare tutorial.

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-04-05, 12:50

fatal exception: [../src/graphic/animation.cc:192] playercolor mask has wrong size: (84, 71), should be (97, 86) like the animation frame

FATAL ERROR - game crashed. Attempting emergency save.

Game: Writing Preload Data ... Thread 1 "widelands" received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault. 0x0000555555b2b38f in Widelands::GamePreloadPacket::write(FileSystem&, Widelands::Game&, Widelands::MapObjectSaver*) () then

No symbol "filename" in current context.

The failing autosave masks the actual problem here. Looks like you either forget to add the breakpoint or you used a release build…

For this to be a datadir problem, would that not show in other games? As far as I cn tell it only appears in the warfare tutorial.

The error happens when the tribe unit (or perhaps world unit) whose animations are messed up is created in-game for the first time. The warfare tutorial has an empire and a barbarian tribe. Did you test a full game with each of these tribes?

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-04-05, 12:57

According to the size values it seems that the Barbarian Barracks Animation Frame in your datadir has the wrong size. Correct size of Animation and Playercolor overlay of the barbarian barracks is (84,17).
So the error should be there every time you build a barbarian barracks.
In trunk however the .PNG files have the correct size. So please check he size of the files in your datadir.
@ Nordfriese: the warfare tutorial starts with barbarians only. And with a HQ, a warehouse, a fortress, 2 sentries, a barrier, a lumberjack and a barracks as predefined buildings. So for me the culprit is barbarian baaracks as it is the only one with matching size values to the bug report

Edited: 2019-04-05, 13:01

Top Quote