Topic: Bugs

dreieck
Version: -git
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2019-03-18, 11:43

dreieck wrote:

Nordfriese wrote:

I did nothing else and the constructionsites of the zitadels the reed farmers and the farmer and every other site shown in the PNG file were finished.

Ok, then that might not be a bug after all here…

But then, why do the construction sites not get the wood if I isolate them into a seperate economy with some woodcutters (and a few unrelated buildings) only as shown in the 2nd screenshot?

They should get the wood from this local economy then!

OK, when I let it run for a long time after isolation they also get the wood eventually. I just did not notice because it seems quite some time before reallocation occurs; the wood which is available in this isolated economy does not get delivered for quite some time.

So not a bug here, but it shows that ware allocation could be smarter .. in general, to prefer local wares if they become available and reallocate if it makes delivery faster.

(empty signature.)

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-03-18, 12:01

What causes that wares are carried out of the ports to the flag if I destroy another port?

Apparently (I didn´t check), there were some wares in the port you destroy that were waiting to be shipped. Since these were destroyed as well, other wares now have to be sent to the destination. The other ports then put some of their storage into their portdock, which looks like they put them out and fetch them back in.

I think race conditions should be fixed. They could give rise to errors, corner cases can be hit

Generally yes, but

• Removing this would mean a gamefreeze of several seconds on a big game on a slow machine (potentially every single time a road or flag is destroyed)
  • This problem fixes itself within a few seconds
  • We´re talking about a time window of a few dozen milliseconds here…

But then, why do the construction sites not get the wood if I isolate them into a seperate economy with some woodcutters (and a few unrelated buildings) only as shown in the 2nd screenshot?

On some roads, the carriers did not arrive yet, so the wood can´t be transported to its destination.

Edited: 2019-03-18, 12:03

Top Quote
dreieck
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2019-03-18, 17:25

Nordfriese wrote:

What causes that wares are carried out of the ports to the flag if I destroy another port?

Apparently (I didn´t check), there were some wares in the port you destroy that were waiting to be shipped. Since these were destroyed as well, other wares now have to be sent to the destination. The other ports then put some of their storage into their portdock, which looks like they put them out and fetch them back in.

Ah OK, so relocating wares within a harbour is done by putting them out and back in. Did not know that, assumed they take the short way (within the harbour).

I think race conditions should be fixed. They could give rise to errors, corner cases can be hit

Generally yes, but

• Removing this would mean a gamefreeze of several seconds on a big game on a slow machine (potentially every single time a road or flag is destroyed)
  • This problem fixes itself within a few seconds
  • We´re talking about a time window of a few dozen milliseconds here…

Yes OK, if no bad things can happen even within those few dozen ms -- so maybe changing the log message would be a good solution.

On some roads, the carriers did not arrive yet, so the wood can´t be transported to its destination.

Which is not the problem for the part under question (the "Zitadelle" is connected, the "Reethof"s will be connected soon, but still they don't get the wood for a very long time). As I observed, they will be carried eventually. It just seems to take much longer than expected (removing the roads connecting to the rest of the economy -> the logs lying around on flags in the seperate economy should be allocated to contruction sites, as well as next cut-down trees, but they aren't, only after a longer time).

here (file size: ~49 MB) I put a video recording showing that behaviour: The two "Reethof"s and the "Zitadelle" wait for a long time for some wood from another economy. Then, eventually, the wood they wait for becomes deallocated and the wood from the economy where the construction sites are part of becomes allocated, and the construction sites finish. Expected behaviour would be that after seperation into a single economy the wood gets reallocated within a short time (a few seconds max).

And I found that I actually have a replay (it seemed to be saved automatically). There: Replay, Save file corresponding to the replay. The replay is the one which produced above video.

EDIT: I have more and a bit differnt of this kind: Construction sites waiting for wares, enough wares available. Within around 2 hours of gameplay nothing happens. No wares allocated for the construction sites (the symbol is the lighter version). When I set the slider to the left such that no wares to be stored on construction site and then back to the right, some wares then get allocated to the construction site (symbol becomes the darker variant, but not all). And, I found also a wood log lying around at a flag for at least 2 hours of gameplay never getting delivered anywhere (also not to a warehouse, there are warehouses in the economy where the log is lying around). Should I do something to specifically report it, or does it maybe fall already under the case reported about above?

Edited: 2019-03-18, 19:03

(empty signature.)

Top Quote
dreieck
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2019-03-18, 17:35

Btw., what do the TI(2585): destination disappeared or economy mismatch -> fail messages mean (the number is different each message)? I get around 57 of them when loading the savegame (also now when loading a much later one.)

Edited: 2019-03-18, 17:36

(empty signature.)

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-03-18, 20:20

That message is displayed when there the destination of the route for a ware or worker is not there any more or has been shifted to a different economy, e.g. because a road was cut.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
dreieck
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2019-03-18, 20:23

GunChleoc wrote:

That message is displayed when there the destination of the route for a ware or worker is not there any more or has been shifted to a different economy, e.g. because a road was cut.

And why when loading a game? I did not modify the save file so that the state while the file was on disk did change ...

(empty signature.)

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-03-18, 20:56

dreieck wrote:

As I observed, they will be carried eventually. It just seems to take much longer than expected (removing the roads connecting to the rest of the economy -> the logs lying around on flags in the seperate economy should be allocated to contruction sites, as well as next cut-down trees, but they aren't, only after a longer time).

As far as I know the allocation of wares is calculated per ware. each time it reaches a flag node this is redone. Problem is in an economy with lots of ports it may take around the 5 minutes in the video for a ware to arrive at the final port where its route and destination is recalculated. So while aboard a ship nothing is recalculated. And the ships are not serving in a point to point manner.
So for my perspective this isn't a bug it is rather a point on the wishlist.

here (file size: ~49 MB) I put a video recording showing that behaviour: The two "Reethof"s and the "Zitadelle" wait for a long time for some wood from another economy. Then, eventually, the wood they wait for becomes deallocated and the wood from the economy where the construction sites are part of becomes allocated, and the construction sites finish. Expected behaviour would be that after seperation into a single economy the wood gets reallocated within a short time (a few seconds max).

And I found that I actually have a replay (it seemed to be saved automatically). There: Replay, Save file corresponding to the replay. The replay is the one which produced above video.

EDIT: I have more and a bit differnt of this kind: Construction sites waiting for wares, enough wares available. Within around 2 hours of gameplay nothing happens. No wares allocated for the construction sites (the symbol is the lighter version). When I set the slider to the left such that no wares to be stored on construction site and then back to the right, some wares then get allocated to the construction site (symbol becomes the darker variant, but not all).

could you please specify where this constructionsite is located and waht is constructed there?

And, I found also a wood log lying around at a flag for at least 2 hours of gameplay never getting delivered anywhere (also not to a warehouse, there are warehouses in the economy where the log is lying around). Should I do something to specifically report it, or does it maybe fall already under the case reported about above?

Which log do you mean? I also noticed a log lying in front of the right one of the three citadels in the video. I will let runn the original game to see whether this is reallocated somewhere and eventually fetched.

BTW did this savegame result from a normal save operation?

Top Quote
dreieck
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2019-03-18, 21:21

hessenfarmer wrote:

dreieck wrote:

EDIT: I have more and a bit differnt of this kind: Construction sites waiting for wares, enough wares available. Within around 2 hours of gameplay nothing happens. No wares allocated for the construction sites (the symbol is the lighter version). When I set the slider to the left such that no wares to be stored on construction site and then back to the right, some wares then get allocated to the construction site (symbol becomes the darker variant, but not all).

could you please specify where this constructionsite is located and waht is constructed there?

And, I found also a wood log lying around at a flag for at least 2 hours of gameplay never getting delivered anywhere (also not to a warehouse, there are warehouses in the economy where the log is lying around). Should I do something to specifically report it, or does it maybe fall already under the case reported about above?

Which log do you mean? I also noticed a log lying in front of the right one of the three citadels in the video. I will let runn the original game to see whether this is reallocated somewhere and eventually fetched.

Later in the gameplay, not part of the provided data, because I recognised it later.

Need to compile and upload information about it.

BTW did this savegame result from a normal save operation?

Scheduled autosave every x minutes.

(empty signature.)

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-03-18, 21:43

I did a rerun of the game for another attempt now. the log I was referring to eventually got moved after an hour of adiitional game time. Nothing abnormal happened when I played the game.

Top Quote
dreieck
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2019-03-18, 22:22

hessenfarmer wrote:

dreieck wrote:

Which log do you mean?

It is another savegame, later in gameplay.

• Here is the savegame.
  • The location of the log keeping lying around: 2019-03-18-215358_1600x1200_scrot.png
  • The location of a cunstruction site not getting ware allocated (some more are to the west of it): 2019-03-18-215434_1600x1200_scrot.png

Note that this already has been the case for >2h of game time when I created above savegame and screenshoots.

For a test, I connected everything back into one single economy and I burnt down the one warehouse which I ordered to move out all wares and let the game run for another 20 minutes of game time. The log still was lying around, and the construction site not getting wares allocated.

Then, I was placing a construction site nearby the log which is lying around. This made the log beeing delivered to that new construction site.

• Autosaved replay: Here, and here an autosaved savegame file for the replay (don't know if it is needed, was in the same folder with same filename base).

• Terminal output (combined stdout and stderr) of widelands --verbose: Here (XZ-compressed) (Note that I did a few other things while letting the game run).

EDIT:
For another test, I was destroying all harbours and the abovementioned warehouse and connecting everything into one community by land and having the game run for 20 minutes of game time. Also in this case the mentioned construction sites do not get wares allocated, the mentioned log stays lying around.

• I made another save just after the ~20 minutes of this test: Here.

Then I played a bit more: Constructed a building besides the log which made it delivered to the construction site, and moved the sliders in the construction site's windows to the left and then to the right again which made wares allocated to them.

• Autosaved replay from this: Here (Here the corresponding .wgf)).
  • Terminal output (combined stdout and stderr) of widelands --verbose of the above described test: Here (XZ-compressed).
Edited: 2019-03-19, 10:09

(empty signature.)

Top Quote