Topic: Bugs

WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-09-02, 23:17

teppo wrote:

Why cannot I conquer an infinite-capacity military building?

Because it's not great that military buildings can be conquered. For me this is only a feature if I can trap my enemies soldiers in one of my military buildings, which is not often the case.

kaputtnik wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

• Clicking on a military building doesn't show its "working" area

This is default now, as with every building that has a working area. If you want to have the Workarea shown, you just have to click twice on a building.

Thanks for the info. So it's not a bug, but a feature. Is clicking now in general a way to switch the show off and on? That would be useful

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-09-03, 07:17

If you click on a building, the mouse pointer is always at the button "Show work area". So clicking twice just opens the buildings window at first click and the second click shows the woorkarea.

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-09-03, 09:19

ModellbahnerTT wrote:

At 8805 there are no babarian more as tribe in the tribe menu in the german version.

Just click on the button until it will cycle to the Barbarians. We recently change the UI to pick the initial tribe selection from the definition in the map.

The average frames also get not 25 frames per second more at my system so it seems that the graphical powerconsumtation is higher at normal game.

Are you playing with a release or a debug build? Release builds should give you higher FPS.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
ModellbahnerTT

Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2018-09-03, 16:09

I play the debug build since build 19 so that I get better information if I will find a bug.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-09-03, 18:40

Did you create the debug build with AddressSanitizer switched on? If so, that will cut performance in half. If you are using the compile.sh script, delete the build directory and then compile again from scratch with compile.sh -a.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-09-07, 14:22

kaputtnik wrote:

If you click on a building, the mouse pointer is always at the button "Show work area". So clicking twice just opens the buildings window at first click and the second click shows the woorkarea.

Ok

Top Quote
ModellbahnerTT

Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2018-09-11, 18:59

At revision 8822 i got in some warning in new checkout files which can be part of an bug.

../src/logic/map.cc: In Elementfunktion »void Widelands::Map::set_origin(const Widelands::Coords&)«:
../src/logic/map.cc:337:67: Warnung: »void* memset(void*, int, size_t)« Säubern eines Objekts von nichttrivialem Typ »struct Widelands::Field«; use assignment or value-initialization instead [-Wclass-memaccess]
  memset(new_field_order.get(), 0, sizeof(Field) * width_ * height_);
In file included from ../src/logic/map.h:33,
                 from ../src/logic/map.cc:20:
../src/logic/field.h:58:8: Anmerkung: »struct Widelands::Field« wird hier deklariert
 struct Field {
        ^~~~~
../src/logic/map.cc: In Elementfunktion »void Widelands::Map::set_size(uint32_t, uint32_t)«:
../src/logic/map.cc:400:48: Warnung: »void* memset(void*, int, size_t)« Säubern eines Objekts von nichttrivialem Typ »struct Widelands::Field«; use assignment or value-initialization instead [-Wclass-memaccess]
  memset(fields_.get(), 0, sizeof(Field) * w * h);
                                                ^
In file included from ../src/logic/map.h:33,
                 from ../src/logic/map.cc:20:
../src/logic/field.h:58:8: Anmerkung: »struct Widelands::Field« wird hier deklariert
 struct Field {
        ^~~~~
[316/589] Building CXX object src/network/CMakeFiles/network.dir/crypto.cc.o
In file included from ../src/network/crypto.cc:6:
/usr/include/boost/uuid/sha1.hpp:13:97: Anmerkung: #pragma message: This header is implementation detail and provided for backwards compatibility.
 #pragma message("This header is implementation detail and provided for backwards compatibility.")
                                                                                                 ^
[348/589] Building CXX object src/netw...network.dir/network_lan_promotion.cc.o
../src/network/network_lan_promotion.cc: In Elementfunktion »void LanGamePromoter::set_map(const char*)«:
../src/network/network_lan_promotion.cc:429:9: Warnung: »char* strncpy(char*, const char*, size_t)« angegebene Grenze 32 ist genau die Größe des Ziels [-Wstringop-truncation]
  strncpy(gameinfo.map, map, sizeof(gameinfo.map));
  ~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
../src/network/network_lan_promotion.cc: In Konstruktor »LanGamePromoter::LanGamePromoter()«:
../src/network/network_lan_promotion.cc:390:9: Warnung: »char* strncpy(char*, const char*, size_t)« angegebene Grenze 32 ist genau die Größe des Ziels [-Wstringop-truncation]
  strncpy(gameinfo.gameversion, build_id().c_str(), sizeof(gameinfo.gameversion));
  ~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
../src/network/network_lan_promotion.cc:392:9: Warnung: »char* strncpy(char*, const char*, size_t)« angegebene Grenze 128 ist genau die Größe des Ziels [-Wstringop-truncation]
  strncpy(gameinfo.hostname, boost::asio::ip::host_name().c_str(), sizeof(gameinfo.hostname));
Edited: 2018-09-11, 19:00

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-09-13, 06:46

The Field one is old, I think the code is safe enough for now. The boost::asio one is new, we should look into it.

BTW these 2 warnings only come up in Windows builds...

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-09-19, 00:36

New regressions bugs in trunk:

Replays don't work properly anymore - at least sometimes

If one opens the chat window and if there is already a message, the sound of chat-messages is triggered

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-09-19, 07:15

I played the current trunk yesterday to get a feeling for the frisians with my latest changes. I found that the frisian ressource indicators for no ressource found were hardly visible. the empty flagpole is just too thin to see it. Map was the Dolomites. perhaps this is terrain dependent.

Top Quote