Topic: Bugs

GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-08-16, 12:25

Nordfriese wrote:

GunChleoc wrote:

Nordfriese wrote:

• In the editor, the Save Map window is not always closed after saving the map. The Enter button does not work for the OK button.

We need to retest this one we get https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/savegame-menu/+merge/322924 in trunk.

This is still the case

Are you still getting this bug in r8421?

I just created a new map and I couldn´t reproduce the bug with the vanishing resources, so this seems to be fixed now.

I like that resource display can be toggled now face-smile.png

Thanks, I'll mark the bug as resolved face-smile.png

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-08-16, 16:46

Bad news: The bug isn´t solved after all, it´s just that it is triggered less easily now, but it´s still there face-sad.png

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-08-16, 17:17

Nordfriese wrote:

Bad news: The bug isn´t solved after all, it´s just that it is triggered less easily now, but it´s still there face-sad.png

I think you meant this bug?

• In the editor, the placed resources sometimes are no longer visible and do not reappear without restarting the editor.

Could you explain a bit? Does this happen when placing resources?

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-08-16, 17:49

Yes, I mean the resource bug. What happens is this.

I was designing a map with the editor; first the terrain, then I placed resources, animals, immovables and port spaces (in this order). Then I switched on the player position tool and looked for the perfect starting places. In doing so I toggled buildhelp and resource visibility several times. After I placed the players, I closed the player tool and switched on the info tool – and the resources are suddenly no longer visible, even when the resource view button is toggled on. The info tool shows that the resources are still there, they only aren´t visible. Changing the tool or toggling resource view can´t make them visible again, only restarting the editor does.

This used to be triggered sometimes (but not always) by switching from the resource tool to the immovable tool. Now, this happens sometimes (still not always) by activating the player tool. I never saw a system under which circumstances exactly this bug is triggered.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-08-16, 22:07

Thanks - I have added this information to the bug report.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-08-29, 08:38

Nordfriese wrote:

• When saving over an old file, the confirmation dialog pops up. I usually press Ctrl-S, then twice Enter – Open Save Dialog, Save, Confirm. If I press Enter too fast the second time, Widelands crashes and the resulting savegame is broken ("Incompatible" according to the Load Game screen).

I have tried this about 20 times now without triggering a crash. Are you able to run a debug build with gdb from a terminal/command line?

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-08-29, 14:19

GunChleoc wrote:

Nordfriese wrote:

• When saving over an old file, the confirmation dialog pops up. I usually press Ctrl-S, then twice Enter – Open Save Dialog, Save, Confirm. If I press Enter too fast the second time, Widelands crashes and the resulting savegame is broken ("Incompatible" according to the Load Game screen).

I have tried this about 20 times now without triggering a crash. Are you able to run a debug build with gdb from a terminal/command line?

I tried about 50 times now and I could not reproduce this with current trunk. Instead of crashing, the game is saved several times (one after the other), once for every Enter press until the save dialog closes, which it does when the last save is done. The savegame is not damaged in any way.

If there was a change recently that affected the save window or file output, it seems to have fixed the crash. If not, the crash I reported was probably caused by button presses that happen in an extremely short interval, shorter than can be actively reproduced.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-08-30, 09:50

Thanks, I'll mark this one as fixed then.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-12-14, 23:23

I've found a bug. Maybe someone wants to copy the (short) text into a bug report in Launchpad (or link it)?

Collectors single player replays break

If you play collectors in single player mode (b19), it happens often that the replay will be damaged: It that case, it always stops after a certain time and cannot run again. Maybe this bug is similar to the bug that collectors matches crash in multiplayer?

It is also possible that this bug exists if you play alone in the multiplayer mode, I don't know.

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-12-15, 20:03

I had tons of crashed with Hasi with Collectors during the tournament, but the recent fixes seem to have solved those. So I don't believe that testing old replays will be helpful any more. Thanks for reporting though face-smile.png

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote