Latest Posts

Topic: Animation of workers like builder

Brigadon

Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2009-11-08, 23:43

lilovip, your post comes off far greater as 'poster has english as a second language' rather than 'writer is illiterate'. It was understandable, clear, and where necessary you expanded well on concepts you didn't seem to have the right words to express. I would be proud to make myself understood in another language as well as you made yourself understood in mine. grammar 5 clarity 9

Top Quote
lilovip

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2009-11-09, 07:50

Thanks, sigra. I fixed mistakes. I use Iceweasel (Debian build of Mozilla) and it checks my native language spelling, but I can't configure it to check both languages yet. However I use Gmail spellchecker sometimes(it suggests variants).

Thanks, Brigadon, it was good news for me. Mistakes were just laziness to check.

So, what about the topic? Did you decide, Brigadon, what job fits to you?

Edited: 2009-11-09, 07:55

Top Quote
sigra

Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2009-11-09, 08:06

KHTML (used through Akregator, the RSS reader of KDE) checks my native language too. But I have installed the aspell packages in Gentoo for a few other languages as well. To change the language that it checks against, I right-click in the edit-box, chose "Check spelling..." (brings up a dialog) and select English from a drop-down list and close the dialog. It would be even better if it could chose the language based on the site's domain name. I think that I will go and request that feature right now...

By the way, this wiki treats words with mixed case specially. That is why "!WarCraft2" in your post becomes red and a link to a nonexistent wiki page. You have to put an exclamation sign ('!') before the word to work around it.

Top Quote
death

Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2009-11-10, 12:54

Chaapter 4 is wrong in one aspect. Player color masks ARE supported for buildings. Take a look at atlanteans. Almost all buildings have player color elements.

Top Quote
sigra

Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2009-11-10, 13:27

death wrote: Chaapter 4 is wrong in one aspect. Player color masks ARE supported for buildings. Take a look at atlanteans. Almost all buildings have player color elements.

Except in the menu where the user selects which building to build on a node. There a picture is drawn, not an animation. Only animations have support for playercolour.

Top Quote
lilovip

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2009-11-11, 11:36

Thanks, I fixed it in that post.

Top Quote