Latest Posts

Topic: News about AI

Tibor

Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-06-27, 19:01

PkK wrote:

Ah, I didn't know that; I guess it was the problem, since AFAIR I built some foresters early, but the toolsmith rather late (can't load to check due to the mine savegame bug).

I think latest revision(s) should be able to load such savegames.

Top Quote
PkK

Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2017-06-27, 19:45

Tibor wrote:

PkK wrote:

Ah, I didn't know that; I guess it was the problem, since AFAIR I built some foresters early, but the toolsmith rather late (can't load to check due to the mine savegame bug).

I think latest revision(s) should be able to load such savegames.

Yes. It works for me (and there are indeed no shovels in the HQ left, but the toolsmithy is already under construction).

Philipp

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-06-27, 23:02

PkK wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

PkK wrote:

Also in a second rev 8164 game I started, my vineyards do not get workers, even though there are baskets in the HQ. I didn't see this problem in the earlier rev 8164 game today.

Philipp

Vineyard-workers need not only a basket, but also a shovel. I don't know what happens if both tools are in different warehouses.

Ah, I didn't know that

That's the fault of the baskets face-wink.png

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-06-28, 08:12

Vineyard-workers need not only a basket, but also a shovel. I don't know what happens if both tools are in different warehouses.

Since workers are spawned in warehouses, all needed tools need to be present in the same warehouse so that they can be transformed into a worker there.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-06-28, 15:18

I can confirm that face-wink.png

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
PkK

Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2017-06-29, 14:20

I see an odd crash in revision 8169:

widelands: /home/philipp/widelands-ai-post-b19-2/src/ai/defaultai_warfare.cc:919: int32_t DefaultAI::calculate_strength(const std::vector<Widelands::Soldier*>&): Zusicherung »final <= 10000 * soldiers.size()« nicht erfüllt.
Abgebrochen

It seems to happen after a lot of soldier movement (e.g. when I send all soldiers out from the training camp). I wasn't able to reproduce it from savegames saved just before the crash. It seems the crash doesn't happen for a minute or so after load. But I do have a savegame (http://colecovision.eu/stuff/test.wgf.bz2) where it happens deterministically at about 3 minutes after loading the game.

Philipp

Top Quote
Tibor

Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-06-29, 18:22

PkK wrote:

I see an odd crash in revision 8169:

~~~~ widelands: /home/philipp/widelands-ai-post-b19-2/src/ai/defaultai_warfare.cc:919: int32_t DefaultAI::calculate_strength(const std::vector<Widelands::Soldier*>&): Zusicherung »final <= 10000 * soldiers.size()« nicht erfüllt. Abgebrochen ~~~~

It seems to happen after a lot of soldier movement (e.g. when I send all soldiers out from the training camp). I wasn't able to reproduce it from savegames saved just before the crash. It seems the crash doesn't happen for a minute or so after load. But I do have a savegame (http://colecovision.eu/stuff/test.wgf.bz2) where it happens deterministically at about 3 minutes after loading the game.

Philipp

Fixed in latest revision. The savegame should work now.

Top Quote
PkK

Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2017-06-29, 19:54

Tibor wrote: Fixed in latest revision. The savegame should work now.

Thanks. In the same save game, the blue and green players stopped expanding quite a while ago for some reason.

Philipp

Top Quote
Tibor

Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-06-29, 21:01

PkK wrote: In the same save game, the blue and green players stopped expanding quite a while ago for some reason.

Philipp

Yes, I noticed this as well in one game. I would say this is related to "basic buildings" list, if you remember it was changed lately based on community feedback. Can you at least find out which tribe happen to lock? I think this is due to no soldiers being created.

I think Nordfriese did the testing, so perhaps he could review the list of basic building for that tribe - it the issue is tribe specific...

Top Quote
PkK

Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2017-06-29, 22:08

Tibor wrote:

PkK wrote: In the same save game, the blue and green players stopped expanding quite a while ago for some reason.

Philipp

Yes, I noticed this as well in one game. I would say this is related to "basic buildings" list, if you remember it was changed lately based on community feedback. Can you at least find out which tribe happen to lock? I think this is due to no soldiers being created.

I think Nordfriese did the testing, so perhaps he could review the list of basic building for that tribe - it the issue is tribe specific...

In this savegame, it was the Atlantean players that stopped expanding, while Barbarians and Empire continued to expand.

Philipp

Top Quote