Latest Posts

Topic: News about AI

GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-06-01, 21:02

WorldSavior wrote:

Tibor wrote:

I created new data in AI - number of destroyed warehouses, and they are well scored (rewarded). I will see what it will do.

This might be very good. And maybe ports and HQs should also count as "warehouses"

Technically, they already do. Coding-wise, ports and HQs are specialized warehouses.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
Tibor

Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-06-01, 21:26

WorldSavior wrote:

Tibor wrote:

I created new data in AI - number of destroyed warehouses, and they are well scored (rewarded). I will see what it will do.

This might be very good. And maybe ports and HQs should also count as "warehouses"

Of course, they are

Tibor wrote:

GunChleoc wrote:

We have something like that in the general statistics I think - I don't remember right now if it's for soldiers or buildings though.

Indeed. But this still does not address the issue. If there is a player with 1 remaining militarysite - there is no incentive to attack just that one and not another one of another player.

Well, it's the best in statistics which I could find. "Wares" are also a good indicator for defeating - but the wares of the opponent. And this would be too complicated, I guess.

To find out that the player is close to be defeated is not an issue. AI "reads" the same statistics as we can see in graphs, but imagine a situation:

Your strenght is 100. There is enemy A with strength 5 close to you and enemy B with strength 100 close to you. Is not it logical that AI pays more attention to enemy B? On the other side, on the small maps like Crater I saw no issue of leaving rest of enemy undefeated... But I will keep the issue in mind..

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-06-02, 15:54

Military strength like in the statistiks? Well, the AI should pay attention at the strong opponent, but maybe it should also defeat the weak opponent - if not all soldiers are needed at the border of the stronger opponent. If this one has got only a few military buildings at the border yet, the AI should defeat the weak opponent quickly, I guess...

GunChleoc wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

Tibor wrote:

Technically, they already do. Coding-wise, ports and HQs are specialized warehouses.

Okay, that's what I expected...

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
Tibor

Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-06-02, 18:54

WorldSavior wrote:

Well, the AI should pay attention at the strong opponent, but maybe it should also defeat the weak opponent - if not all soldiers are needed at the border of the stronger opponent. If this one has got only a few military buildings at the border yet, the AI should defeat the weak opponent quickly, I guess...

This is quite vague, is not it? For the AI such tactical thinking is hard to imagine...

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-06-03, 17:21

Yes, it is. But I think that the mentioned situation is also a little bit vague

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
PkK

Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2017-06-03, 17:38

WorldSavior wrote:

Military strength like in the statistiks? Well, the AI should pay attention at the strong opponent, but maybe it should also defeat the weak opponent - if not all soldiers are needed at the border of the stronger opponent. If this one has got only a few military buildings at the border yet, the AI should defeat the weak opponent quickly, I guess...

On the other hand, if the weak opponent also has a border with the stronger one, it might make sense to wait for the stronger one to stretch its military resources by attacking the weak one, then strike against the stronger opponent. The situation again changes if the weak opponent has some resources of strategic importance (e.g. something the AI or the strong opponent lack in their economy). This gets complicated quickly.

Philipp

Top Quote
PkK

Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2017-06-03, 22:39

I played a first game against a bunch of the new AIs. Some HQ, some trade outpost. The AI seems to be quite a bit stronger than the default one. In particular, the trade outpost AI was a strong now as the old AI is with a modified trade outpost (where I had changed the trade outpost to give substantially more goods).

Philipp

Top Quote
Tibor

Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-06-04, 09:59

I am glad to hear this.

I am pondering if you could help to finetune construction of trainingsites. It would include modification of some particular numbers in "DNA", recompile the code and test it. If you would interested in this, I can tell you what numbers to tweak.

Top Quote
PkK

Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2017-06-04, 12:55

Tibor wrote:

I am glad to hear this.

I am pondering if you could help to finetune construction of trainingsites. It would include modification of some particular numbers in "DNA", recompile the code and test it. If you would interested in this, I can tell you what numbers to tweak.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll find further time for widelands this month.

Philipp

Top Quote
Tibor

Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-06-04, 16:14

No problem. This is something for the case one has nothing else to do face-smile.png

Top Quote