The current help window is very big. The help related to terrains and trees is also not very helpful because one has to scroll around and compare the terrains he had placed on the map with the little pictures in the help, then search for the tree which is good for this type of terrain. He may has the big help window open and the immovables menu which restrict the view on the map.
Last night i couldn't sleep and thought on something similar to the info tool for the help:
- Click on the question mark in the main menu opens a little window with another question mark and a text like "Click on the question mark and then on the map to get specific help to each point on the map"
- The cursor changes to a question mark if one clicks on the button in the small help menu
- Clicking on the map changes the content of the help menu and shows appropriate help to the point on the map he has clicked onto
- The cursor get normal
The help which is then be shown could be filled with
- Terrain name
- Trees that may grow
- Resources that could be set
- The question mark Button should always be in that window
This would reduce the help to the point on the map where the user is interested in. So this would be more like a "specific help" instead of a "generic help" which may get very big and confusing.
Is this doable? What do others think about that?