Currently Online

Latest Posts

Topic: freezing carriers

Dancerfool

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2009-06-29, 00:16

I have a bug where when I am playing widelands and I have some carriers, occasionaly they'll freeze. They're in the middle of the road carrying whatever, and then they freeze. They make the walking motion, but there not walking. And then to fix it I need to destroy the road and then make it again. But then any active walking workers who try to get across the road have to walk back around the long way, and it really delays progress. Anybody else have this problem or know how to keep it from happening?

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2009-06-29, 17:28

Hi Dancerfool,

actually that is no bug or well: there is a problem, but it is not about freezing carriers.

In fact the carriers you noticed are trying to put the ware (they hold) at the flag, but they can't as the storage amount of that flag is already reached. So wha they do is waiting there until the flag has free space again.

So the problem is: 1) that the widelands transportsystem is generally incomplete 2) that you obviously have to improve your roads -> build parallel roads and set a flag after each two steps...

Cheers

Nasenbaer

Top Quote
Dancerfool

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2009-06-30, 14:46

Thanks

Top Quote