Latest Posts

Topic: [German] du, Sie, Ihr

wl-zocker

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2015-02-24, 18:35

GunChleoc wrote:

Venatrix wrote: Nice finding. Though the description is different from the observations I made when reading the talks. face-wink.png Maybe we should slightly change the description in the wiki? Is there a way to contact Nasenbaer somehow? He seems to be away from the project…

I think he would be fine with an update. wl-zocker also reworked the Barbarians, so this kind of thing isn't a problem.

The wiki page has not been changed for years, so I doubt there has been any "progress". As long as you only make small adjustments, nobody will object.

I also found the storyboard of the campaign. I do not know whether that is still what we want or whether that was just an early idea.

"Only few people know how much one has to know in order to know how little one knows." - Werner Heisenberg

Top Quote
Venatrix
Topic Opener
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2015-02-24, 19:52

I can try to contact Nasenbaer via Launchpad tomorrow (luckily I only have two people left to contact face-wink.png ). I sincerely hope, we get some answer from him.

Another question regarding this topic: When going through the translation of the Barbarian campaigns I found some window titles like "Somebody Comes up to You". I translated it with "Jemand tritt an Euch heran", though I was not entirely sure about that. It’s right when we consider the player to be Thron in this campaigns. Is he?

Two is the oddest prime.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-02-25, 07:07

Yes, you can assume that the player is playing Thron.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
Venatrix
Topic Opener
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2015-02-27, 23:10

Just an update: I went through the Barbarian and Atlantean campaigns and changed all necessary terms to “Ihr” and “Euch” and whatever was needed to make the change complete. Whoever finds a mistake, just correct it. face-wink.png

Two is the oddest prime.

Top Quote
Venatrix
Topic Opener
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2015-03-23, 14:28

OK, so I changed the text on the protagonists site, to make more specific that Saledus is Lutius’ subordinate and I decided to make Amalea Lutius’ little sister. face-smile.png
I also made a branch for the bug at Launchpad with a rework of the campaign texts, though it feels like kind of an overkill. face-wink.png

Two is the oddest prime.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-03-24, 09:23

Thanks for working on this face-smile.png

When you think you are done with your changes, can you please use the "Propose for merging" link on Launchpad? This will make it easier for us to see what you have changed.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
Venatrix
Topic Opener
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2015-08-04, 21:38

Since the changes are now merged, I guess, it’s time to update the Wiki page and go through the translations again. It’s "Ihr" for Saledus and "du" for both Amalea and Lutius (to both of them), I’d say.

Edit: Done.

Edited: 2015-08-04, 21:55

Two is the oddest prime.

Top Quote