So this thread is about issues with the German translation.
First question: Shall we really translate ”resource“ with ”Ressource“, like it is in the glossary? Wouldn’t ”Rohstoff“ be the better choice? Or can we use both? And if the latter: Can we write it in the glossary as well? It’s a bit inconsistent in Widelands Main that’s why I ask.
Issues addressed in this and other threads:
- (new) Glossary entries: still left to discuss are “Immovable” “save[d ]game” “preference”
- Screenshot is not translated
- STRG and such are written completely with capitals
- “Ax Workshop” is now translated as Axtschmiede, so we got Werkzeug- → Axt- → Waffenschmiede
- Appellation of characters in campaigns: Got a launchpad entry for the Empire campaigns and got merged already
- “blackroot” is now translated as Dunkelrübe
- Single-digit numbers got an update in the Wiki
- “[main] view” = Hauptansicht (can still be changed though)
- “Gilded Armor” = Glodharnisch, “client” = Client, “user” = Benutzer
- “tab” = Reiter; “replay” = Aufzeichnung; future terms: “garrison” = Garnison; “blockhouse” = Baracke; “barracks” = Kaserne
- Renaming “Erkunder” to Kundschafter
- Translation of “ancient castle” in the scenario “The Green Plateau” as fremdartige Burg
- Quotation marks, starting here, continued here. We decided to use „ “
- Translation of “resource” as Rohstoff(e)
- Translation of “button” as Schaltfläche
- Translation of present continuous depending on where it’s used
- Small troubles in Empire_01
- Use of the same punctuation in the translation? Yes, if possible.
Updated the overview.