Currently Online

Latest Posts

Topic: Translation to spanish

MadkaT

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2009-05-11, 17:26

Hi, finally i've seen a interesting strategy game like settlers :p, i wish to hel to translate it fully to spanish, cause the unix version doesn't load the default translation, and in the windows version is missing so much stuff. How can i help? Where are located the files to translate?

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2009-05-11, 18:13

Hi MadkaT,

great to hear someone wants to improve current Spanish translation :).

the current files can be found at http://widelands.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/widelands/trunk/po/es_ES/ but they are mostely outdated (some strings are missing, some other changed slightly).

But okay:

As you say, that the translation does not work, I believe you are using Ubuntu linux face-wink.png - simply because the ubuntupacker did not compile with the right flags and so widelands can not find the translation files.

Anyway, even if you do not use ubuntu, the problem should be solveable with compiling the current svn version :) This would also be the best way for updating the translation files, as the ones from build13 are already outdated as well

Cheers

Peter

Top Quote
MadkaT

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2009-05-11, 21:57

Wow, so fast response, i like it!

Well, i'm interested and i started to work it now, i could translate fast and very accurate.

And for the linux distro nope, i have tested widelands on OpenSuse 11, but well, it's a great game instead in a foreign language. I'll be translating with the poedit, and when i finished i'll post here te translated files. See ya!

Top Quote
MadkaT

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2009-05-13, 00:57

Excuse for the dbl post face-tongue.png i've pseudo finishe the translation, but i'm having an error while translating the widelands.po file, that doesn't let me save the file, where can i get an untranslated/original version of this file?? I've tried so many ways to evade this error but i couldn't. Thnx

Top Quote
Ex-Member
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2009-05-13, 16:43

MadkaT wrote: Excuse for the dbl post face-tongue.png i've pseudo finishe the translation,

No problem and what do you mean by 'pseudo finished'?

but i'm having an error while translating the widelands.po file, that doesn't let me save the file,

I had that problem too. I assume that you use poedit. It actually doesn't support plural forms, so for translating these strings (actually just one) I used gtranslator. If that's not that, then could you please describe it a bit more?

where can i get an untranslated/original version of this file?? I've tried so many ways to evade this error but i couldn't. Thnx

The same place you did before I think. On the DownloadPage there's a link to svn repository. Check-out trunk/po/es_ES (or whatever other language you're translating).

Top Quote
MadkaT

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2009-05-13, 18:40

Soeb wrote:

No problem and what do you mean by 'pseudo finished'?

Pseudo finished = the translation percentage is near to 100% face-tongue.png

I had that problem too. I assume that you use poedit. It actually doesn't support plural forms, so for translating these strings (actually just one) I used gtranslator. If that's not that, then could you please describe it a bit more?

When i save the po file a msgbox appear with 2 line errors, always the same number of lines, when i try to reopen the file, a msgbox says: the file widelands.po couldn't be oppened, probably is corrupt.

The same place you did before I think. On the DownloadPage there's a link to svn repository. Check-out trunk/po/es_ES (or whatever other language you're translating).

Ok, thanks, ive searched'the repository but i was searching an en_EN folder, but thnx i try to use file from another translation folder or search other software that runs on windows, the SO that im using actually at work.

Thanks!

Top Quote
Ex-Member
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2009-05-13, 20:24

MadkaT wrote:

Pseudo finished = the translation percentage is near to 100% :P

Ah, that's good. face-smile.png

When i save the po file a msgbox appear with 2 line errors, always the same number of lines, when i try to reopen the file, a msgbox says: the file widelands.po couldn't be oppened, probably is corrupt.

So I think that's the same. Just do not use poedit (or whatever else you use) for translating 'Waiting for one worker!'.

Ok, thanks, ive searched'the repository but i was searching an en_EN folder, but thnx i try to use file from another translation folder or search other software that runs on windows, the SO that im using actually at work.

There's no en_EN folder, but pot folder would work for you (these are po templates, so you'll have to translate from beginning unfortunatelly (you can edit po file directly and copy the parts you've got translated to the new file)). And again, what software do you use?

--

Regards,
Soeb

Top Quote
MadkaT

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2009-05-13, 23:02

Soeb wrote:

So I think that's the same. Just do not use poedit (or whatever else you use) for translating 'Waiting for one worker!'.

Yes, that was one, the other bugs came tih something like %u%s soldiers face-tongue.png

There's no en_EN folder, but pot folder would work for you (these are po templates, so you'll have to translate from beginning unfortunatelly (you can edit po file directly and copy the parts you've got translated to the new file)). And again, what software do you use?

I use PoEdit Windows Version, the error cames in that lines, i picked up the French translation, and occurs the same.

I'll find other soft or try to fix te po file with notepad++. Fortunately i have backups.

Top Quote
MadkaT

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2009-05-21, 18:02

Well, i couldn't find the solution to the file error in windows, probably i need to make the translation on linux, instead of that i shera the link to the translation that i have, all the files included are translated, only missing the widelands.po file. http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nljgjj3yzid i'll try to finish it soon as i have some time to do it.

Top Quote
Ex-Member
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2009-05-21, 18:09

There are 3 strings of this kind.

The only solution I found was using gtranslator (possibly kbabel (or maybe now localize) could do the job as well, I never really used these two) for these 3 strings.

Top Quote